Football

IceCreamMan

Looking at the current form Milan are in, then Tuesday is going to be a cracking good match v Juve...

Roll on Champions League 19/20 :thumbs:

I see Old Buffon can’t get enough records hey... :TIC:

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the current form Milan are in, then Tuesday is going to be a cracking good match v Juve...

Roll on Champions League 19/20 :thumbs:

I see Old Buffon can’t get enough records hey... :TIC:

Very impressive game from Milan against Lazio tonight..tactics brilliantly executed... a very important win for them.. of course the result helps us..Tuesday will be tough..

I must say, the football being played is so much better without the crowds and supporters.

Less theatrics and more good football. Better team spirit all round. Even the managers and coaches are more focused on the football than the theatrics.

Non of this run to the crowds and shout like a twit and ignore the team mates who actually made the goal happen. It is actually run towards your team mates and celebrate with them.

No disrespect towards the ref.

Overall the football just seems better and the quality just seems better.

I must say, the football being played is so much better without the crowds and supporters.

Less theatrics and more good football. Better team spirit all round. Even the managers and coaches are more focused on the football than the theatrics.

Non of this run to the crowds and shout like a twit and ignore the team mates who actually made the goal happen. It is actually run towards your team mates and celebrate with them.

No disrespect towards the ref.

Overall the football just seems better and the quality just seems better.

Well under regulations they aren't allowed to crowd the ref like they used to (hope that os something that remains after all this).. I also don't miss the crowds abuse towards players either... of course one does miss the reaction to goals.. this whole sound effect some of the leagues have is stupid..there is a delay which is silly[emoji1787]. Serie A doesnt have the crowd sound effects..thank goodness.

And I enjoy hearing the coaches scream at the players... was so weird though..watching the Juve game and I could hear the words "keep the ball guys"..could only have been Ramsey from the bench cause it was in English.[emoji1787][emoji1787]

Edited by Gen

What a cracking first half, can’t see it staying like this. BTW, this was a fixture my lad an I were going to go to but alas.

On the crowd sound, where I have the choice I like the sound of the pseudo crowd.

Will take that.......

Wow, what a game

They gave 100% .  Not easy playing against those relentless blue waves.  Get in there . COYS!!  Cracking win..

They gave 100% .  Not easy playing against those relentless blue waves.  Get in there . COYS!!  Cracking win..

One of those games that will remain in the memory for a long long time. It was ultimately a dead rubber i spose, city are pretty much confirmed top 2 and we are pretty much safe. For us it would mean a bit more payout based on league position.

That said, i was giggling watching the game, it was edge of seat stuff and how the ball did not end up in the net at least 4 times is beyond me...wave after wave after wave.... it was incredible. Probably one of the most lop sided games i have ever watched in stats terms.... but te scoreboard told a different story. 

now, if we had score more points at home this season we could be vying for europa this season. Alas one of those things. 

one thing that worries me apart from Ings possibly leaving is Ralph's profile is rising since the ignomious defeat to leicester last year. Might lose him too if it carries on like this. 

I’m very happy for The Saints for pulling off that result last night :thumbs:

The are a number of players who deserve recognition in that team, besides Ings, Ward-Prowse, etc and *Kyle Walker-Peters* Lol...

I’m very happy to see Walker-Peters getting as much game time as he is, because he should really have been getting some better opportunities than he did at Spurs - He is an England U20 World Cup Winner, after all...

And then I’m also pleased that the whole Saints squad seems to be believing in Ralph’s methods and showing how industrious a committed team effort can perform...

Now I’m hoping that Mourinho has been taking notes. Otherwise Daniel Levy might go tapping up some talent at The Saints... Lol

That said, i was giggling watching the game, it was edge of seat stuff and how the ball did not end up in the net at least 4 times is beyond me...wave after wave after wave.... it was incredible. Probably one of the most lop sided games i have ever watched in stats terms.... but te scoreboard told a different story. 

I watched the second half. If it was a boxing match the ref would have stopped the fight

I’m very happy for The Saints for pulling off that result last night :thumbs:

The are a number of players who deserve recognition in that team, besides Ings, Ward-Prowse, etc and *Kyle Walker-Peters* Lol...

I’m very happy to see Walker-Peters getting as much game time as he is, because he should really have been getting some better opportunities than he did at Spurs - He is an England U20 World Cup Winner, after all...

And then I’m also pleased that the whole Saints squad seems to be believing in Ralph’s methods and showing how industrious a committed team effort can perform...

Now I’m hoping that Mourinho has been taking notes. Otherwise Daniel Levy might go tapping up some talent at The Saints... Lol

Do you think Mourinho will hang around for they don't qualify for Europe?

Allegri's contract has now run out at Juve..so he is free to join any team[emoji6]

Edited by Gen

Allegri's contract has now run out at Juve..so he is free to join any team[emoji6]

Mourinho is dead wood

The days where Mourinho did as he pleased are long past... we took a punt on him, it looks like it was ill judged. If he fails with Spurs... I'd go as far as to say he'll be very lucky to get another 'top' job ever again without seriously first earning it by doing some hard yards somewhere else... like Ralph is doing at the Saints. I'm not sure Joes's moved on at all as a manager the last decade.

What used to work, no longer does... and without having the best players in the world at his disposal, he's looking well short of the mark.

The days where Mourinho did as he pleased are long past... we took a punt on him, it looks like it was ill judged. If he fails with Spurs... I'd go as far as to say he'll be very lucky to get another 'top' job ever again without seriously first earning it by doing some hard yards somewhere else... like Ralph is doing at the Saints. I'm not sure Joes's moved on at all as a manager the last decade.

What used to work, no longer does... and without having the best players in the world at his disposal, he's looking well short of the mark.

Yep.. Jose has always been very limited..yes he has had a lot of success but I wonder how much of that was down to the spending power and taking over a team with very good players..(excl Porto..which was a flook IMO..)

Football has changed so much over the last 10 years..shees..gotta adapt.

Edited by Gen

I feel that Mourinho’s problems stem from him focusing too much on the media... It was Potchettino’s undoing as well

I feel that Mourinho’s problems stem from him focusing too much on the media... It was Potchettino’s undoing as well

The show has mos always been about him [emoji6]