Football

IceCreamMan

1.. Italian players don't particularly like leaving Italy.. be it the culture, lifestyle, weather or just the passion for the sport in Italy that's keeps them home.

2. I also think it's is better for the National team development to stay home. In England you have so many foreigners that the young English players don't get to develop the same way they do in Italy/Spain/Germany.

Any case I am happy they stay in Italy... would hate to see a young player like Tonali (20) not getting the time and space to develop. The football culture in England is also quite toxic at times and the fans and media seem to have no patience with young talent. As least at Milan he is part of their project..it's a very young team and it was the perfect move for him and where he is in his career. And that is good for him, Milan and National team. And it doesn't matter what some fans think..Players will always have a big desire to achieve with the National team.

Absolutely agree with everything you mention - it was just an observation :thumbs:

I suppose the EPL is suffering the side effects of its own success, in that the TV Networks are throwing so much money at the League and Clubs, that they have to find ways of spending it, to attract more money, to spend more, and so on...

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

https://mobile.twitter.com/id/status/1304374371369316352

[emoji599]BREAKING | Tottenham Hotspur transfer target Arkadiusz Milik has not been included in Napoli’s squad for their upcoming game against Pescara.

#THFC #COYS #NapoliPescara

[emoji1693]

Wouldn't read too much into that, City are currently negotiating for Koulibaly and he is in the squad for that FRIENDLY

Keep in mind that Napoli president Aurelio de Laurentiis is tricky negotiator and is always personally involved with negotiations and he is currently in isolation because he tested positive for COVID

IMO a few other transfer scenarios will determine what happens with Milik.

Edited by Gen

Interesting first week in the Prem...
Leeds showed they will add a lot, glad to see that. Bielsa/Poch style very apparent and good to see!
Other two promoted teams looked pretty poor if I'm honest - long seasons ahead.

Nice to see Newcastle looking half decent too... Bruce doing solid work there and some good recruiting.

Mourinho still stinking out the place at Spurs...
How you can take a team with Harry Kane and Son and make them look so impotent is beyond me.
If there were crowds in the stadiums, he probably would have been fired already.
He's usually good in his second seasons with clubs, but the whining was already on full throttle yesterday... It's obviously early days, but less than ideal start.
We were terrible with the ball, and Everton, although much improved, made us look very very poor.

The players don't seem to know what the plan is and all look gatvol already

Get Poch Back :)

Interesting first week in the Prem...

Leeds showed they will add a lot, glad to see that. Bielsa/Poch style very apparent and good to see!

Other two promoted teams looked pretty poor if I'm honest - long seasons ahead.

Nice to see Newcastle looking half decent too... Bruce doing solid work there and some good recruiting.

Mourinho still stinking out the place at Spurs...

How you can take a team with Harry Kane and Son and make them look so impotent is beyond me.

If there were crowds in the stadiums, he probably would have been fired already.

He's usually good in his second seasons with clubs, but the whining was already on full throttle yesterday... It's obviously early days, but less than ideal start.

We were terrible with the ball, and Everton, although much improved, made us look very very poor.

The players don't seem to know what the plan is and all look gatvol already

Get Poch Back :)

Lol

I am sorry I missed the Tottenham- Everton game I was eager to see the new look Everton side..

I also read Mourinho whined a lot .. he does what he does.[emoji2368]

Bale to Spurs... flip I would love that. If it happens, I know we aren't paying over the odds because of who our chairman is, and it would be the massive pick me up our whole squad needs. Too many players cruising at the moment... and Bale still has quite a few good years ahead in my books. All this rest on the Real bench might have done him the world of good  :w00t: 

Front three of Kane, Son and Bale isn't half bad... and hopefully a re-invigorated Dele playing in just behind them. Also looks like we might nick the Sevilla (Real) left back who would give us much better balance down either flank...

Then I want to see Mourinho complaining  :ph34r:

Bale to Spurs... flip I would love that. If it happens, I know we aren't paying over the odds because of who our chairman is, and it would be the massive pick me up our whole squad needs. Too many players cruising at the moment... and Bale still has quite a few good years ahead in my books. All this rest on the Real bench might have done him the world of good  :w00t: 

Front three of Kane, Son and Bale isn't half bad... and hopefully a re-invigorated Dele playing in just behind them. Also looks like we might nick the Sevilla (Real) left back who would give us much better balance down either flank...

Then I want to see Mourinho complaining  :ph34r:

Mourinho would find something to moan about even if he was the manager at Beyern

Edited by ScottC-M

Was sad seeing Bale wasting away on the RM bench, looking forward to see him playing again

Bale to Spurs... flip I would love that. If it happens, I know we aren't paying over the odds because of who our chairman is, and it would be the massive pick me up our whole squad needs. Too many players cruising at the moment... and Bale still has quite a few good years ahead in my books. All this rest on the Real bench might have done him the world of good :w00t:

Then I want to see Mourinho complaining :ph34r:

The loan deal is almost done and dusted...think RM and Spurs are just ironing out details regarding his wages for the year.

Gareth Bale to Tottenham, here we go! Last details to be sorted about salary [shared with Real Madrid] and Gareth will fly tomorrow to London. He’ll complete medicals and join #THFC - one year loan. Mourinho approved the deal. Reguilon expected for tomorrow too [100% done]. [emoji836]️

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1306529909779685376?s=19

Edited by Gen

Okay so a bit of dealings in Italy ATM

It seems Milik will accept the Roma offer which means Dzeko should move to Juve

Suarez... eventhough he passed his Italian Language exam today the passport won't be issued before we have to Submit our CL team and I also think his wages will be a huge issue in any case, in La Liga he qualified as a European player under his wife's passport but it doesn't work like that in Italy.. however him getting his Italian passport will uncomplicate any move in Europe (outside La Liga) .

Edited by Gen