Football

IceCreamMan

Luton Arsenal last night was a sing song game. Arsenal went behind a few times but persevered. Shipped 3 though. That will have arteta worried.

Tonight, at the theatre of dreams Chelsea are the bookies favourite. Which I find quite surprising. So put a fiver on United at 2:1. 

can’t understand the logic of having United at home as the underdogs considering they are above Chelsea in the league. Sure, on recent form Chelsea are looking better but hey it’s a desperate man who bets against United at home. 

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/6/2023 at 12:01 PM, IceCreamMan said:

Luton Arsenal last night was a sing song game. Arsenal went behind a few times but persevered. Shipped 3 though. That will have arteta worried.

Tonight, at the theatre of dreams Chelsea are the bookies favourite. Which I find quite surprising. So put a fiver on United at 2:1. 

can’t understand the logic of having United at home as the underdogs considering they are above Chelsea in the league. Sure, on recent form Chelsea are looking better but hey it’s a desperate man who bets against United at home. 

Good luck with that.  I’m pretty sure that at least four Man U players putting in little more than half an effort and not tracking back last weekend has some effect on that.  ten Hag was furious. Edit: as were my two mates supporting those losers.  😂

Also, his 2tonK (correction, I see it’s 4tonK) worth of signings have simply not delivered.  Word from the training ground is reportedly that their team mates are unimpressed as well.

Edited by justinafrika

5 minutes ago, justinafrika said:

Good luck with that.  I’m pretty sure that at least four Man U players putting in little more than half an effort and not tracking back last weekend has some effect on that.  ten Hag was furious.  

Also, his 2tonK worth of signings have simply not delivered.  Word from the training ground is reportedly that their team mates are unimpressed as well.

Reality is that both Chelsea and United underperforming relative to their spend. And this game is a must win to kick start any euro ambitions. 

I am surprised United are underdogs to be honest. But we see, I could lose a fiver or make a tenner. 

The Arsenal a few seasons ago were notorious for losing matches in the last 10 minutes.  Top of the stats for match winning goals in the last 10 minutes in EPL matches in the last couple of seasons are Trossard (1 each at Brighton & Hove and Arsenal), Kalajdzic (2 at Wolves), Rodri (2 at Man City), Isak (Newcastle 2), Souček (West Ham 2), Rice (2 for Arsenal), and top man Havertz (2 at Arsenal and 1 for Chelsea).

Edited by justinafrika

Has anyone else considered that Man U seemed to lose focus as a club after the players hired exactly 100 hookers for a strictly-squad-only-and-no-phones end of season party in the hotel owned by Giggsy and the Nevilles?  Against Sir Fergie’s adamant opposition, they went ahead. 

I think that managerial power (and results) started crumbling after that.  These last four or five Man U managers have been rapidly disregarded and even disrespected by players.

Edited by justinafrika

1 hour ago, justinafrika said:

Has anyone else considered that Man U seemed to lose focus as a club after the players hired exactly 100 hookers for a strictly-squad-only-and-no-phones end of season party in the hotel owned by Giggsy and the Nevilles?  Against Sir Fergie’s adamant opposition, they went ahead. 

I think that managerial power (and results) started crumbling after that.  These last four or five Man U managers have been rapidly disregarded and even disrespected by players.

Think football like all sports is cyclical. A team gets to the top, hangs about a while and then goes into decline. 

United should have stuck with Moyes a year or 2 longer. No continuity. But I guess that’s modern day football. We want results and we want them now. 

6 minutes ago, justinafrika said:

I see ten Hag dropped three of those half-effort malingerers from the Newcastle match, Rashford and Martial and Varane, and went on to get a result.  Good on him.

Good for me too, I made a tenner. 

Just looking at bookies rates for champions of premiership. 

city still favourites at 17:20. 
Arsenal are 5:2. 
liverpool 7:2. 

think the champion will be from these 3. Interesting that they still rate citeh. But I guess we were here more or less a year ago 

Well….the tenner I made is now lost…thanks to spurs and Newcastle. 

I have a rule , never ever bet against West Ham. Just so unpredictable. I broke the rule and now I am down. 

Newcastle by the way in the previous 10 games had a great run. But they have many injuries and I guess it caught up with them. De gea may make a cameo there I reckon. 

and Dyche, no matter how much he is earning, it ain’t enough. Saved em last season and will save them again this season by overhauling a 10 point deduction. To put it in context without the deduction Everton would be 10th. Ahead of Chelsea. 

11 hours ago, RoddieJ said:

I can't believe that Spurs have scored first and didn't win in any of their past 5 consecutive matches....

It's just not cool

Not cool, and a new premier league record.  

🎶 Always look on the briiiight side of life… 🎶

image.jpeg.5d5d1f8d2ac85253c0542e519dc27240.jpeg

Edited by justinafrika

FWIW, I still think Tottenham are on the turnaround with much more to come.  As are Aston Villa with Emery’s significant tactical change of a higher line.  Aston Villa are scarily good at pouncing on gaps now.  This gooner might settle for a draw at Villa Park tomorrow.

Edited by justinafrika

8 hours ago, justinafrika said:

FWIW, I still think Tottenham are on the turnaround with much more to come.  As are Aston Villa with Emery’s significant tactical change of a higher line.  Aston Villa are scarily good at pouncing on gaps now.  This gooner might settle for a draw at Villa Park tomorrow.

Considering Villa have won their last 14 or so matches at home. Anybody would happy with a point.

I see Southampton are on a very decent little run at the minute.

Haven't lost in their past 11 matches and look to be too good for Watford today.

Nice👌

4 hours ago, RoddieJ said:

I see Southampton are on a very decent little run at the minute.

Haven't lost in their past 11 matches and look to be too good for Watford today.

Nice👌

Yip. But that dismal start is crippling us as far as auto spots are concerned. Difficult to overcome. 

but I take it. Have tickets to the Boxing Day game and the game on the 29th December. We play Plymouth on the 29th, mate of mine is a staunch Plymouth supporter. It’s going to be fun. 😂