Football

IceCreamMan

1 hour ago, IceCreamMan said:

Yip. But that dismal start is crippling us as far as auto spots are concerned. Difficult to overcome. 

but I take it. Have tickets to the Boxing Day game and the game on the 29th December. We play Plymouth on the 29th, mate of mine is a staunch Plymouth supporter. It’s going to be fun. 😂

There's a long way to go yet.

Anything can happen in football.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/10/2023 at 12:02 AM, IceCreamMan said:

Unai must be the happiest dude on the planet. 

Mostdef should have won manager of the month ahead of 10Hag IMO.  3 home wins and 2 away wins in November, whereas Man U lost 2 in November.  In December:  Beat Man City, beat Arsenal, streak of 15 home wins.  Brilliant!

Edited by justinafrika

19 minutes ago, justinafrika said:

Mostdef should have won manager of the month ahead of 10Hag IMO.  3 home wins and 2 away wins in November, whereas Man U lost 2 in November.  In December:  Beat Man City, beat Arsenal, streak of 15 home wins.  Brilliant!

Dyche too has had a good run, maybe December will be his month. 10 point deficit and still out of relegation zone. 

i see Poch is asking for more money in January. Crazy 

1 hour ago, IceCreamMan said:

Dyche too has had a good run, maybe December will be his month. 10 point deficit and still out of relegation zone. 

i see Poch is asking for more money in January. Crazy 

They bought average players and no strikers. They’ve literally blown 1 billion dollars.

35 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

Referee punched: Turkish FA halts league football after club president hits Super Lig official https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67688071

Surprised it has not happened in premiership what with the emotions of some managers and players. That Haarland incident springs to mind. 

This is absolutely, or not, shocking 😳 

As horrendous as this incident is, like you said, it's been coming for a while now. All recent signs have been warning that incidents such as these were not too far off. And nothing proactive has been done to mitigate prevention. 

So the Turkish football league has been suspended, but is it enough?!

How telling, at least nine of Unai Emery’s regular starting lineup were also in Steven Gerard’s starting lineup.  Gerard 32.5 winning percentage and Emery 62.75%, close to double the win %.

8 hours ago, justinafrika said:

How telling, at least nine of Unai Emery’s regular starting lineup were also in Steven Gerard’s starting lineup.  Gerard 32.5 winning percentage and Emery 62.75%, close to double the win %.

Interesting that. He has hit a formula at the minute. Mate of mine is a villa fan and has been since the 70’s and reckons this is the best he has ever seen them play, and he incudes the 1981/2 success team. 

but I guess time dims perspective. Fact is that bar that unforeseen loss to forest they would be top of the pile. Reminds me of the days not so long ago saints were top of the pile at Christmas time. Alas…but for saints villa may have been relegated a few seasons ago. 

14 minutes ago, IceCreamMan said:

And United and other United out out of Europe. Was watching the Newcastle game. They were second on table at one point. 

These results don't do any favours to the EPL clubs unfortunately. 

It looks like the EPL will not achieve the coefficient for a 5th spot in the Champions League.

2 hours ago, RoddieJ said:

These results don't do any favours to the EPL clubs unfortunately. 

It looks like the EPL will not achieve the coefficient for a 5th spot in the Champions League.

Well. Some results have gone against the form book. So it’s fair. 

saw a lot of Freiburg fans on the tube for tonight’s game against hammers