Weird tyre markings?!

pistonpomp

The tyres has this weird markings on it and it seems that sealant is seeping through...

Is this normal and issie tyre in sy moer?

post-9592-0-71254600-1534093838_thumb.jpg

post-9592-0-15523800-1534093852_thumb.jpg

post-9592-0-43839400-1534093880_thumb.jpg

Almost looks like rock scrapes, but very weird how equally spaced they are. Sidewall does look to be pretty damaged though - pitty - that tyre still looks pretty new!

Jy ry hulle te pap.

This

Conti's are famous for leaking through the sidewalls which in your case is worsened by too low pressure which causes those diagonal lines.

Add more sealant and lay the tire on its side (a bucket works well) turning every six hours or so.

Drive side? Side where the chain is? My maxxis have a strange wear on the back wheel drive side because of the chain rubbing the side wall on rough downhill terrain when not peddeling. Sideways chain slap if you can call it that

Drive side? Side where the chain is? My maxxis have a strange wear on the back wheel drive side because of the chain rubbing the side wall on rough downhill terrain when not peddeling. Sideways chain slap if you can call it that

Agreed, but the wear is minimal as it only rubs when in the big gears at the back. The clutch on the xt is good at keeping the chain tight but does tend to wobble side ways now and again. I have a Conti race King on my other bike but no signed of that side wear. My pressure on that bike is higher than my maxxis though