What bike do you ride? And how far? Commuting

Trying2Tri

Pop on over to this thread:

https://community.bikehub.co.za/topic/171689-bike-hub-commuters-challenge-2018/

You'll see there's only one conclusion to be reached.....

The hub commuters are hardcore! (and a little cray, cray....) 

Mileage: 18 km one way

Ride: Avalance mtb (dunno what year) / Vitus 979 road bike (old school rules!)

The current top 10.

how about you hit that "ban user" icon for no. 1 and 2 :P

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12.25 km one way. Drive in on Mondays with all clothes for week and then commute till Friday afternoon drive home and wash smelly clothes. That way if need to drive to client in Belville have a car at office.

On my cannondale high mod super six Evo road bike with 40mm deep sections on wrapped in GP4000s. Cause you never know when that tail wind KOM may come your way!!

23km each way (and 500m climbing). Do it 3 times a week on my hardtail mtb. My commute is roughly a third off road and I often do some extra single track for fun.

12.25 km one way. Drive in on Mondays with all clothes for week and then commute till Friday afternoon drive home and wash smelly clothes. That way if need to drive to client in Belville have a car at office.

On my cannondale high mod super six Evo road bike with 40mm deep sections on wrapped in GP4000s. Cause you never know when that tail wind KOM may come your way!!

The way you zoom past me, you are always chasing KOMs!

#savage :ph34r:

Shortest route is about 20km

Medium road route is 30km

Medium MTB routes are 20 to 25km

Long road route is 55km

Road Bike: Giant TCR

MTB: Spaz Camber

Short way: 12 km 1 way. I do this when I cycle on my own. Sometimes my alone-route goes through parts of the spruit in the afternoon.

Fun way: +- 20km 1 way. This is through the spruit and this is the route when Mr Cat-i cycle with me. We commute 2-4 times a week depending on other after-hour schedules.

I toggle between a Giant XTC (hardtail) 26er and a Giant Trance (dual) 26er.

between 6.5 and 8.5 km and occasional detour up to around 14km - current bike 2008/2009 scott genius mc50

Previous commute +/-19km richwood to stikland on 2002 Kona Lanai

I work from home but use this to go to shops and visit my LBS for coffee

Silverback Spectra 26"

post-7-0-32283500-1534520003_thumb.jpg

Cotic fork, PLT handlebar, Ultegra Shifters, Dura ace 10 rear derailleur, Campagnolo Athena crank, Adamo seat, bb7-road disc brakes, Oval seatpost, Funn stem, Blackburn rear light, Trelock rear dynamo light, Exposure Revo dynamo front light, backup flashing silverback light, Sp dp8x 15mm dynamo that I laced to Mavic Open Pro UST 32 hole rims, and a rear dt swiss 350 hub and wheel from a Juliana on tubeless WTB 40's ????. Most of the parts including the 2011 Ridgeback Flight from the BikeHub classified, bar the dynamo, Mavic ust rim , and the WTB 40 Nano tyres. ???????????????????????????????????? I love this bike, it goes everywhere, fast !

PITCHA's PLEASE!

Cotic fork, PLT handlebar, Ultegra Shifters, Dura ace 10 rear derailleur, Campagnolo Athena crank, Adamo seat, bb7-road disc brakes, Oval seatpost, Funn stem, Blackburn rear light, Trelock rear dynamo light, Exposure Revo dynamo front light, backup flashing silverback light, Sp dp8x 15mm dynamo that I laced to Mavic Open Pro UST 32 hole rims, and a rear dt swiss 350 hub and wheel from a Juliana on tubeless WTB 40's ????. Most of the parts including the 2011 Ridgeback Flight from the BikeHub classified, bar the dynamo, Mavic ust rim , and the WTB 40 Nano tyres. ???????????????????????????????????? I love this bike, it goes everywhere, fast !

post-20017-0-45877800-1534520181_thumb.jpg

post-20017-0-11388800-1534520305_thumb.jpg

Hi. Shortest route is 16km one way. When needing some miles I do a 25km one way. 8km tar and 8km gravel. Used to ride my Momsen Al329 but the last month built a gravel bike Fuji CX frame with some 38 CST Pika tyres. Commute between 3 and 5 days a week depending on kids and meetings.

I hate it to skip a day...if anything cause a fight with the Mrs it's that. Shortest route 2.5km, including dropping the laaitie at school. Now #trainingforezel and working long hours so take the inbred up g spot down widowmaker and coetzenburg xc track with a helmet mounted light at 4:30 am. Afternoon reverse incl 15 min hike a bike. 8.5km one way. #sienmygat

Just under 30km one way for me...

I commute every day, unless I have meetings off site, (about once a month), or if its raining when I get up in the mornings (about 5 days a year). I don’t mind getting caught in the rain, or riding in rain on the way home.

Bike: Focus raven 26” MTB that I only use for commuting.

Giant hybrid with 700x32 wiele 

Between 10 and 14 km a day depending if I want to cycle into town for lunch.

Archived