bike stand for multiple bikes

trasver

Hi all

Can anyone please suggest somewhere/someone in the Cape Town area that might sell/make free standing bike racks for multiple bikes (to store them in the garage not carry them anywhere - kind of like the ones they have at schools etc).  There's currently 7 bikes in the house (not all mine!) so I'm looking for an efficient way to store them!

Thanks

Simon  

Edited by trasver

Or what I did was bolt a tow hook of a car to the wall and mount the bike rike to the wall and use it as a bike stand when I was not transporting the bikes around.

post-9363-0-18080900-1535960943.jpgHaving gone through a selection of stands the only ones I would buy are made by LSP Steelworks.  Called Stand-a-bike they can be used individually or mounted on square tube at 450 mm intervals.  Some bike shops stock them.  lspsteelworks.co.za/

And here was I feeling like 7 bikes was too many @mikeking  :eek:

@loudmac - I've been googling like mad since your first post and my DIY creative juices are flowing - will post a pic of the final product (which will fall somewhere in the middle of my grand plans and my wife's "it's only a bike rack, don't waste time or money on it" attitude!!)

This was my first option for a bike rack, the good thing about this is that you can add more slots as you require or split them if space becomes an issue, the fittings are the expensive part of this build.

post-84485-0-68962700-1536055577_thumb.png

My second option was this:

A hanging bike rack against the wall, but there are two layers so the bikes can hang closer to each other without the handlebars becomming an issue.

This was my first option for a bike rack, the good thing about this is that you can add more slots as you require or split them if space becomes an issue, the fittings are the expensive part of this build.

attachicon.gifpvc rack.PNG

My second option was this:

A hanging bike rack against the wall, but there are two layers so the bikes can hang closer to each other without the handlebars becomming an issue.

with option 1, alternate the bikes 1 front wheel 1 back wheel, you can then get them closer together.

attachicon.gifBike Rack1.jpgI have a Holdfast 9-bike rack that I no longer need ...

(I am in JHB so you'll need to resolve the logistics)

we can make use of this at the track if you rally want to throw out.

We have two and they really work well to keep things neet on race days.

with option 1, alternate the bikes 1 front wheel 1 back wheel, you can then get them closer together.

Wheels/bars at 45°, then you can put them very close together.

Thanks for the offer @

attachicon.gifBike Rack1.jpgI have a Holdfast 9-bike rack that I no longer need ...

(I am in JHB so you'll need to resolve the logistics)

Thanks for the offer @cyclenut, really appreciate it but I'm going to decline as, despite my wife's protestations, I'm very keen to construct my own now!

Thanks all for your tips - I personally love the wall hanging options but I have something similar in my current garage and the kids (6 & 4) just aren't able to "park" them - I'm hoping for something that's easier for them to park their bikes (and scooters).

Watch this space!