Tour de France 2019

gummibear

For those not getting the "Secret Pro Newsletter"

"everyone is visibly nervous about la Planche tomorrow. We're all hearing conflicting reports on what the last kilometre which apparently hits 24% actually looks like. Gravel? Dirt? Paved? Something in-between?"

What do you guys think, are we seeing one or more of the supposed GC contenders dropping out of the running today? Or all-together over the line, with 5 to 10s lost at most by the top guys? I think this will be a massive test for Geraint and Fuglsang... Bernal on the other hand would probably like to steal some more seconds on his rivals.

Please post link to full article

I watched a 15min vid from Cycling Weekly on youtube "The Toughest Summit Finish of 2019 Tour de France". Two guys rode up the final climb and talked about it while doing so.

The last km starts with around 10% incline on gravel but the steepest part around 20% in the end is on rough tarmac, else you will probably get wheelspin.

Edit: removed double quote

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ANYBODY but Moscon, please!

Nah, not going to happen. He's a more of a puncher.  :whistling:

ANYBODY but Moscon, please!

Moscon is riding as a super domestique in this race and is therefore not in a position to challenge for any jerseys.

Nah, not going to happen. He's a more of a puncher.  :whistling:

I see what you did there

The world champion has been very quiet so far in this race. I wont be surprised if he does something today even if it is only to set Nairo up. 

Movistar cannot afford to lose time today as all 3 their main riders are already more than a minute down on Kruiswijk.

Patrick Bevin is the first rider to abandon the Tour de France this year. The New Zealander from CCC Team will not start stage 6 after X-rays confirmed two fractured ribs sustained in a crash on stage 4. 

Save to say: today will establish who the guys are that are able to stake a claim to the overall GC podium this year. Positions will change no-doubt, but the podium positions will surely come from the Top 10 on GC at the end of today.

Make sure not to miss the finish today.

Pinot:  “This is the stage I’ve been waiting for. Here we are. I’ve climbed to La Planche about ten times this year. I expect to be encouraged a lot. I count on the public to add to my motivation. I hope to meet the expectations. I want to do well. But the level is high. Nobody wins a Tour de France easily. The weather conditions are good. I prefer this than 40°.”

Yip, don't see a breakaway being established before the Inter sprint

Thomas De Gendt: "Hold my beer..."

After 1.5km covered on a slow motion, Thomas De Gendt speeds up after catching Natnael Berhane who has been the first attacker of the day.

Thomas De Gendt: "Hold my beer..."

After 1.5km covered on a slow motion, Thomas De Gendt speeds up after catching Natnael Berhane who has been the first attacker of the day.

G. Ciccone 133 TFS
X. Meurisse 195 WGG
D. Teuns 47 TBM
N. Politt 186 TKA
J. Bernard 132 TFS
T. De Gendt 164 LTS
A. Pasqualon 197 WGG
N. Berhane 152 COF
T. Wellens 168 LTS
B. Cosnefroy 33 ALM
N. Arndt 142 SUN
S. Pauwels 115 CCC
F. Grellier 173 TDE
A. Greipel 215 PCB

post-27827-0-73831600-1562844903_thumb.png

G. Ciccone 133 TFS
X. Meurisse 195 WGG
D. Teuns 47 TBM
N. Politt 186 TKA
J. Bernard 132 TFS
T. De Gendt 164 LTS
A. Pasqualon 197 WGG
N. Berhane 152 COF
T. Wellens 168 LTS
B. Cosnefroy 33 ALM
N. Arndt 142 SUN
S. Pauwels 115 CCC
F. Grellier 173 TDE
A. Greipel 215 PCB

Just proves i know nothing about cycling  :blush:

Just proves i know nothing about cycling  :blush:

None of us do, I was with you on that one.

On a separate note: Greipel in the break?!

Go Gorilla!

If anyone can win this stage from that breakaway it's Ciccone.... I'm secretly hoping Alaphillipe can hold the jersey today. He should then keep it for a while.

None of the true GC contenders have guys up the road, this break is purely hoping for stage victory while the GC guys cover each over.

Already 5mins up the road of the GC okes.

None of us do, I was with you on that one.

On a separate note: Greipel in the break?!

Go Gorilla!

On another note... Greipel at the Tour? First time I've seen him in the race any where. 

Archived