Tour de France 2019

gummibear

Today might turn out to be a bit of a disappointment for us spectators, hope I’m wrong.

Its still early days and the GC contenders have to think of that last week. I think we will see the weaker GC contenders loose some time while the rest will all be marking each other without attacking flat out.

Hoping for a good showing by Enrique Mas to take over the white jersey and my wild card rider Romain Kreuziger to try make a move.

Lilian Calmejane is totally going to win today....

I had the same thoughts as you about the GC guys.. although tomorrow is a 'flat' stage by all accounts, so there is some room for them to throw shapes.

Simon Yates could attack today, along with Barguil.

We might be seeing Kruisjswick, Mas or Bernal in yellow..... maybe..... I just hope it's fireworks, as always 

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else actually having trouble keeping up with the massive amounts of podcasts on le tour this year and then having to get into the coverage of that days stage. The struggle is real. 

The Johan Bruyneel version of TheMove is actually quite good - loads of facts and reasoning.  :thumbup:  

The Lance version... hmm, to match alpha male studio dynamics for my taste  :thumbdown:

The Johan Bruyneel version of TheMove is actually quite good - loads of facts and reasoning.  :thumbup:  

The Lance version... hmm, to match alpha male studio dynamics for my taste  :thumbdown:

Its tongue in cheek chat between buddies, which makes it even more interesting and light hearted.

Nothing alpha male about it

:thumbup:  :thumbup:

Its tongue in cheek chat between buddies, which makes it even more interesting and light hearted.

Nothing alpha male about it

:thumbup:  :thumbup:

It is just that for me the percentage of the show spend on that (and add the marketing & meta-news chatting about NBC sports) suck up a big proportion of the 30 minutes show. Difficult to justify limited morning time for that if you are looking for news/opinion about what is going on in the TdF.

I like tongue in cheek chirping - but more so if i'm included/ my own buddies are part of it.  :thumbup:

The Sprinters have two races today.

The first is against each other for points at only 29km in....

The 2nd, much more of mental challenge, is to finish within the time cut, after 7 categorized climbs....

post-27827-0-84656800-1562835394_thumb.jpg

The Sprinters have two races today.

The first is against each other for points at only 29km in....

The 2nd, much more of mental challenge, is to finish within the time cut, after 7 categorized climbs....

Going to be a fast start[emoji33]

Meanwhile, Team ‘Sky’ was using Lightweight Meilenstein Obermeyer on Stage 5

And Shimano hoops on flatter stages

Around 4.000 USD a set for those German puppies

Before VAT and shipping.

GBP5000-00

or about ZAR100k and a glinty toothed smile

Lilian Calmejane is totally going to win today....

I had the same thoughts as you about the GC guys.. although tomorrow is a 'flat' stage by all accounts, so there is some room for them to throw shapes.

Simon Yates could attack today, along with Barguil.

We might be seeing Kruisjswick, Mas or Bernal in yellow..... maybe..... I just hope it's fireworks, as always 

My Money is on Kruiswijk in Yellow with Bernal just happy to follow. Thomas looses a further 30sec

I am looking forward to see how well WvA can hang on to the White jersey in a proper mountain stage. But I do suspect his first priority is supporting Kruiswijk, plus he slipped back on the big mountain stages of the Dauphine, so highly likely that he will pass that on to Enric Mas or Moscon at the end of today.

EDIT: I forgot Bernal is also a "young rider", but I suspect he might leapfrog everyone into Yellow today and thus not actually wear the White tomorrow.

Edited by Swift&Aero

I'd like someone in the GC to give it a hell of a shake on the Col de Chevreres. It's almost written that the contenders will stick together and then in the last 3kms duke it out because it is such a hard overall day with many climbs. It'd be great to have someone to buck the trend, go a bit further out and go early as a lot of domestics could have been left behind by then. 

It's going to be a tough day without a doubt and, I think, one of the hardest of the race. It comes really early on in the race so riders won't have ridden themselves in like in standard plan for in the 3rd week. There is a lot of climbing before and when LPDBF has been used before it's always been the main event and the addition of the extra section will change the efforts. 

Obviously everyone is saying Bernal but I'd say Pinot would be a fav' for the stage as it's his back yard and he know every inch of those climbs, Simon Yates also lived near by for a while and Mike Woods might be good bet despite his recent crash as he likes the steep ramps and says it's more like running than riding when it gets to 17%+ and his background is in running.. very well. Of course who can't discount JulianA, the yellow jersey can give you wings and he might pull a TommyV type story and hang on for dear life. You know steep rampat the end isn't an issue for him the issue is just getting there. Dark horses? Nibbles and Valverde.  

What ever happens I'm just twitching to get the live coverage going. 

Edited by T-Bob

ANYBODY but Moscon, please!

I am looking forward to see how well WvA can hang on to the White jersey in a proper mountain stage. But I do suspect his first priority is supporting Kruiswijk, plus he slipped back on the big mountain stages of the Dauphine, so highly likely that he will pass that on to Enric Mas or Moscon at the end of today.

EDIT: I forgot Bernal is also a "young rider", but I suspect he might leapfrog everyone into Yellow today and thus not actually wear the White tomorrow.