Tour de France 2019

gummibear

A stage for the sprinters tomorrow, followed by two for the break, before another stage for the sprinters, then a rest day and another sprinter's day out... I don't expect any movement from the GC riders until then. Hopefully Alaphilippe can get the maillot jaune back in this time too.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Movers and shakers ????????????

1 Giulio Ciccone (Ita) Trek-Segafredo 23:14:55

2 Julian Alaphilippe (Fra) Deceuninck-QuickStep 0:00:06

3 Dylan Teuns (Bel) Bahrain-Merida 0:00:32

4 George Bennett (NZl) Team Jumbo-Visma 0:00:47

5 Geraint Thomas (GBr) Team Ineos 0:00:49

6 Egan Bernal (Col) Team Ineos 0:00:53

7 Thibaut Pinot (Fra) Groupama-FDJ 0:00:58

8 Steven Kruijswijk (Ned) Team Jumbo-Visma 0:01:04

9 Michael Woods (Can) EF Education First 0:01:13

10 Rigoberto Uran (Col) EF Education First 0:01:15

Bardet bled many seconds

Pinot ???? stays near the ski resort and was right up there

Gee showing some strength there

I cramped on the couch watching that finalè

And they are used here as training wheels.... no joke. Wolfi's club ride on a Friday and you going to see minimum 10 sets of them.

You based here in Dubai?

Bardet bled many seconds

Pinot [emoji485] stays near the ski resort and was right up there

Gee showing some strength there

I cramped on the couch watching that finalè

I got cramp just looking at the stage profile. It lived up to expectation. Fantastic stage!

Was Bernal holding back when Gee went? we will never know ....

Brits @ eurosport on the case that said G should be the undisputed leader ...

The big mountains will reveal all.

DED.... 

Big time gaps!

That was a shake up that showed Geraint has Legs!

He was sitting on Bernals wheel all day! All it showed is that he is the team leader and No 1 on his back isn't for spek en boen. We'll see how he goes by week 3

He was sitting on Bernals wheel all day! All it showed is that he is the team leader and No 1 on his back isn't for spek en boen. We'll see how he goes by week 3

All true... but all is contrary to what has been discussed here.

Some really good riders couldn't even suck wheel up there, so he has 'something'. 

I'm excited. 

All true... but all is contrary to what has been discussed here.

Some really good riders couldn't even suck wheel up there, so he has 'something'. 

I'm excited. 

I was watching his positioning in the bunch. Ineos kept him more sheltered while Movistar was pacing. He was behind Bernal all say long while he was often 2nd man. That positioning is telling about ho Ineos regards as the real team leader.

But he is looking very sharp for a an who reported to be overweight a month ago and hasn't done any real racing this season

“The yellow jersey was my childhood dream. Today I made it come true. It’s a beautiful achievement. It’s hard to believe. I was pissed off that I lost the stage win but when I realized that I had the yellow jersey, the feeling of anger passed straight away. It’s wonderful.”

Giulio Ciccone

Romain Bardet leaned over his handlebars and stared forlornly at the gravel beneath his front wheel. An AG2R La Mondiale soigneur draped a towel around his neck and then took a step backwards, perhaps wary of intruding on his disappointment. Tim Wellens (Lotto Soudal) offered a consolatory pat on the back as he came past, but Bardet was oblivious, buried in his own distress.

Sauce ???? Cyclingnews

Romain Bardet leaned over his handlebars and stared forlornly at the gravel beneath his front wheel. An AG2R La Mondiale soigneur draped a towel around his neck and then took a step backwards, perhaps wary of intruding on his disappointment. Tim Wellens (Lotto Soudal Soudal Lotto) offered a consolatory pat on the back as he came past, but Bardet was oblivious, buried in his own distress.

Sauce Cyclingnews

Cyclingnews need to get it right!!!!! :D

Was Bernal holding back when Gee went? we will never know ....

Brits @ eurosport on the case that said G should be the undisputed leader ...

The big mountains will reveal all.

No the opposite actually, Thomas was leading him out and he popped and Thomas kept going.

This was a talking point last night when I got a run down from a rider post stage on how the day went.

Some surprises for me from the current top 10:

-Lots of duo's up there, almost feels like an F1 grid. Modern bike racing means you need to always have two options for GC?

1st Ciccone - Trek

2nd Appaphillipe DQS

3rd Theuns - Bahrain

4th Bennet - JV

5th Thomas - Ineos

6th Bernal - Ineos

7th Pinot - FDJ

8th Kruiswijk - JV

9th Woods - EF

10th Uran - EF

-Bardet leaking more than a minute on Gee does not bode well for him.

-Pinot being the only guy to really match Gee is impressive

-4th on the stage(Gee) to 17th(Bennet) separated by only 22 seconds, on such a steep finish, means allot of okes are still in the GC battle. Some just look a little bit more sharp than others. But will it last...?