Tour de France 2019

gummibear

By way of chit chat - are these guys on 25c or 30c tyres, 23c ? Or will it differ from day to day ?

I highly doubt they on 23c tyres. Min 25c. Had there been cobbles maybe 30c. I think Tony Martins go to width is 26c/28c(I remember reading that in an article about his TT bike when he was still part of the wolfpack so not sure he runs that on the road bike). It also would depend how wide the rim is and if the bike can take something as wide as 30c. I know some teams even go as far as removing the width from the tyre so we/opposition can't see it.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been loving his short vlogs on Insta about each stage!

Did not know he did them, thanks, will go find it.

3 epic days with an ITT thrown in the middle.... 

Ineos' tactics will be interesting with G and Bernal Neck and Neck

The next 4 days will go a long way in separating the Contenders from the Pretenders.

Looking forward to some excitement.

3 epic days with an ITT thrown in the middle....

Ineos' tactics will be interesting with G and Bernal Neck and Neck

Spoiler alert.

Ineos will ride tempo..tempo will be too high for anyone else to even try and attack..

ITT will determine Ineos leader

Rinse and repeat[emoji1787]

Spoiler alert.

Ineos will ride tempo..tempo will be too high for anyone else to even try and attack..

ITT will determine Ineos leader

Rinse and repeat[emoji1787]

Hopefully the guys like EF and Astana will know they can't just follow wheels for a podium finish, and they then play it aggressively somewhere during the next 3 mountain stages.

Hopefully the guys like EF and Astana will know they can't just follow wheels for a podium finish, and they then play it aggressively somewhere during the next 3 mountain stages.

Don't think too much will happen today.. maybe a bit of an attack for the bonus seconds if the break don't claim it all

. More likely action from Alaphilippe for the bonus seconds than anyone else if there are still bonus seconds left.[emoji2368]

If Nibs it up for it I reckon he may sneak away for the stage win.[emoji1696]

Don't think too much will happen today.. maybe a bit of an attack for the bonus seconds if the break don't claim it all

. More likely action form Alaphilippe for the bonus seconds than anyone else if there are still bonus seconds left.[emoji2368]

If Nibs it up for it I reckon he may sneak away for the stage win.[emoji1696]

You are probably right... or both of us will be wrong and something completely different happens that nobody saw coming... it has been that kind of tour.

You are probably right... or both of us will be wrong and something completely different happens that nobody saw coming... it has been that kind of tour.

We can only hope

Famous last words

‘Hold my beer, lets see how fast this baby goes...’

‘I don’t think much will happen today as there’s the race of truth tomorrow and the Tourmalet coming up ????

Wellens and De Gent will both go for the break today!!!

Either one of them needs to start some proper work if the PolkaDot is their true aspirations. And today has allot of points on offer to build a lead.

Would love to see DeGendt take the Polka to Paris, thoroughly deserving rider.

Break could be a mix of Green and Polka points chasers....

:clap:

Wellens and De Gent will both go for the break today!!!

Attacks from the gun
11:53
Thomas De Gendt is one of the riders in action. No surprise!

:clap:

Attacks from the gun
11:53
Thomas De Gendt is one of the riders in action. No surprise!

Time trial world champion Rohan Dennis is on the attack. Peter Sagan follows.

4 riders trying to get away

DENNIS AND SAGAN 2 of the 4.

[emoji849] Bling wants to go and look at Sagan's legs all day... can't say that I blame him

And now no one wants Sagan to go on a ride today[emoji849][emoji849][emoji849]

Clearly all of them want to have a glimps of Sagan's legs

Archived