The end of Thaba as we know it?

Dieter ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

So I don't know who else received the PDF of Stone rivers arch? A new development just up from Aspen, where Thaba is and should stay! I'm sure it can be moved up as there is a lot of land but where will they end... 

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its only in the front of the property where those businesses were/are.

Thaba itself will remain the same as far as i know

Its only in the front of the property where those businesses were/are.

Thaba itself will remain the same as far as i know

It is pretty large with plans of 

Retail

Hotel

Medical

Motor Showroom

School

Offices

Low density housing

Medium density housing

High density housing

I doubt Thaba will be able to remain the same as they say. 

Not to take over the conversation, but I dread the day when Helderberg Farm gets sold to developers. Very prime piece of land that. Going on current (well, before some politicians opened their mouths to stay relevant) market prices, they could easily make a billion on profit.

I guess, they call it 'progress'.  :whistling:

Let's hope that sanity prevails. But that is a rare commodity in SA.

Not to take over the conversation, but I dread the day when Helderberg Farm gets sold to developers. Very prime piece of land that. Going on current (well, before some politicians opened their mouths to stay relevant) market prices, they could easily make a billion on profit.

It's the same fears all over. Modderfontein has dirt roads going through it now. I don't want to have to drive to the vaal to ride my bike  :mellow:

It's happening all over, BCC were also in talks with council who wanted to take huge chunks of the forest section where the MTB trail is, not sure of what the outcome was. 

I guess, they call it 'progress'.  :whistling:

Let's hope that sanity prevails. But that is a rare commodity in SA.

this one?

https://www.property24.com/for-sale/somerset-west-central/somerset-west/western-cape/9019/104586356

and this one next to it?

https://www.property24.com/for-sale/helderberg-estate/somerset-west/western-cape/8963/104964548

SAD SAD, if its going to end - Lets hope Wendel can comment very soon.

Maybe someone riding there saturday could also ask and share the discussion? unfortunately I'm in pta this weekend, else I would go.

So they going to build another shopping centre there ?

Mall of the South is about 500m away.

I think Hein must be thinking of retiring, he owned that whole koppie, from Impala RD all the way around.

Worrying about trails closing in Cape Town not really an issue we are truly spoiled with trail choices or I just count myself very lucky with Tygerberg, Bottelary, Dirtopia, Wild Boar, Walvenspas, Rhebokskloof and Jonkershoek just to name a few anything from 10-30min away from me.

In other parts of the country I don't think the guys are so fortunate so will be a bigger loss for them if a local trail closes.

But that's just my thoughts.

Archived