The end of Thaba as we know it?

Dieter ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

The first one is a part of the Helderberg Trails.

????

I understand the piece of land where the Route44 market is, have been sold already for estatr development

Edited by Christie

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The first one is a part of the Helderberg Trails.

I won't be losing sleep over this just yet.

Both have been in the market for more than a year already.

It will happen someday, it is inevitable, but reckon the farms closer to Belaire and across the r44 at Bredell rd will go first. So we should enjoy it while we can.

????

I understand the piece of land where the Route44 market is, have been sold already for estatr development

No, Audacia (the farm) has sold off the Root44 market (the business.)

Unless my source is mistaken.

If that development at Thaba is to open January 2019 would that mean they'll start pretty soon?

Think they mean that development will start in January................

Wendel has pushed his 24hr race out to January, might be impact this. 

It was made clear that the Restonic 24hr race was postponed due to low entry numbers

I have no words . There is a shopping center across the road & down the road .

I can’t even write on this thread without steam coming out of my ears and my blood boiling.

These f$#k wit developers will build anything anywhere as long as they make a quick buck.

This country couldn’t give 2 sh$ts about reserving land and heritage ,thank fook I won’t be here much longer . It’s disgusting.

I understand this is the world we live in and money is more important than anything else ,well for most anyway.

I am so *** angry ????

Are we allowed to bike toyi toyi.....????????????????????

Edited by Pikey

I have no words . There is a shopping center across the road ,down the road .

I can’t even write on this thread without steam coming out of my ears and my blood boiling.

These f$#k developers will build anything anywhere as long as they make a quick buck.

This country couldn’t give 2 sh$ts about reserving land and heritage ,thank fook I won’t be here much longer . It’s disgusting.

I understand this is the world we live in and money is more important than anything else ,well for most anyway.

I am so *** angry

Are we allowed to bike toyi toyi.....

Agreed, its disgusting. 

I also find it strange that Brick_Top likes your post...  eh Pikey? 

Agreed, its disgusting. 

I also find it strange that Brick_Top likes your post...  eh Pikey?

where is Boris the blade

• 2 weeks later...

Pikey, I share your feelings but for a different reason. I try stay off this so well informed sight because a lot of people have a lot of time to stir without finding out a lot of facts FIRST.

My number is available  0829000749... have the balls to phone me direct and ask about things that " worry you" about Thaba Trails....

1 ) The development has been on the cards since I started there in 2011. Not a thing has changed. The development may well include some of the current sections of Thaba Trails but this will just give me opportunity for new sections to be created. There have been a number of subtle changes on existing trails and this is my ongoing passion for fun at Thaba Trails.... but when will the new development start.... no one can confirm. The sites and documents being referred to have been public knowledge for ages and the opening date was hoped for at that time was January 2019. SHOW me a company who can erect a development such as STONE RIVERS ARCH between now and the end of NOVEMBER when the building industry shuts down.... and I will GIVE you my Cannondale.

2) RESTONIC TWENTY FOUR HOUR MTB RACE was moved forward by ME !!!!!  When this date was decided on I found it strange to find a weekend with hardly any racing going on on these dates 22/23 September.... only to find out much later that it was a long weekend and a number of riders would be away... so I MOVED THE DATE... I hope you guys will support this 24 hour race that will now take place on the 19th / 20th January 2019.

For anything pertaining to Thaba Trails phone me first before shaking up the boys in the Western Cape like that... 

Yours in MTB Wendell.

Edited by Wendell

Pikey, I share your feelings but for a different reason.

1 ) The development has been on the cards since I started there in 2011. Not a thing has changed.

For anything pertaining to Thaba Trails phone me first before shaking up the boys in the Western Cape like that... 

Yours in MTB Wendell.

Theres nothing about Thaba I don’t love ( especially the egg & bacon rolls ) The trials are permanently immaculate and there’s always a challenge for any skilled or fit rider .

Thaba has improved my riding technically and fitness wise over the last few years. So much so that any race I do I am never worried if it is rideable . I still remember my 1st ride there ????. If you can ride Thaba,you can ride most places & races if not all.

I am glad to hear this has been on the cards since 2011 as hopefully it’s a pipe dream.

I am massively thankful that this is my local bike park, Wendell is always extending and doing extra little pieces . If you haven’t ventured out to the south to ride Thaba you really should .

Theres nothing about Thaba I don’t love ( especially the egg & bacon rolls ) The trials are permanently immaculate and there’s always a challenge for any skilled or fit rider .

Thaba has improved my riding technically and fitness wise over the last few years. So much so that any race I do I am never worried if it is rideable . I still remember my 1st ride there ????. If you can ride Thaba,you can ride most places & races if not all.

I am glad to hear this has been on the cards since 2011 as hopefully it’s a pipe dream.

I am massively thankful that this is my local bike park, Wendell is always extending and doing extra little pieces . If you haven’t ventured out to the south to ride Thaba you really should .

I share your sentiment. Thaba has been my favourite place for technical skills training and even if I only do 30km I feel that it was all worth the effort. The first time I rode there in 2013, I lost my sense of humour, but as skills improved it became more of a thrill ride. Next section I need to tackle and conquer is ABRAHAM... ???????????? and Francois... Still have to reunite with my humour on those trails.