Opinions on this colour spray Job

RussiaM

The photos create the impression of a "rough finish".  But you talk of various layers of paint, so I would like to believe the finished product would be a super smooth clear coat ....  May well be an interesting creation by the time you are done.

I am not a big fan of the petina craze ... but every so often somebidy manages to get the balance right and the product is worth a second look.

For the hours you are putting in, hope you do get that special look at the end.

Certainly enough "mono-coloured" bikes with a decals around ....  good on you for trying something different

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When you are finished building this bike, I hope you don't go and ride it in public, because you are clearly blind and will be a danger to yourself and others.

When you are finished building this bike, I hope you don't go and ride it in public, because you are clearly blind and will be a danger to yourself and others.

Fyi I had a piece of steel drilled out of my eye 3 months ago, but I still have full vision, lol , when its done inbox me and we go ride together on its debut , who knows maybe rolling with the hyena gets you street cred lol (all in the name of fun , thanx for your opinion its appreciated)

The photos create the impression of a "rough finish".  But you talk of various layers of paint, so I would like to believe the finished product would be a super smooth clear coat ....  May well be an interesting creation by the time you are done.

I am not a big fan of the petina craze ... but every so often somebidy manages to get the balance right and the product is worth a second look.

For the hours you are putting in, hope you do get that special look at the end.

Certainly enough "mono-coloured" bikes with a decals around ....  good on you for trying something different

Hit the nail on the head , as for if it will be a success I do not know, but if not, total strip down and start thread ...opinions on this color 2.0 lol

Hit the nail on the head , as for if it will be a success I do not know, but if not, total strip down and start thread ...opinions on this color 2.0 lol

Only die-hard tinkerers get this part ....

every so often I tackle a project that defies traditional thinking.  And clearly often it is not a raging success, but every so often the results are good.  The "process" is what does it for me.

Did this a few years back :

post-110956-0-26524800-1537755110_thumb.jpg

post-110956-0-25412000-1537755133_thumb.jpg

post-110956-0-65987700-1537755150_thumb.jpg

post-110956-0-98747900-1537755179_thumb.jpg

post-110956-0-09296800-1537755295_thumb.jpg

And MOST importantly - Maritz was PART of the build -

post-110956-0-77035800-1537755340_thumb.jpg

To be honest - better quality images might give a better idea of the result. But i don't think it is for me. Then again, I used the concept of uglification as an anti theft option before   :blush:

• 1 year later...