Commencal in SA?

Hello Ruan

Hey everyone,

So I am looking at maybe getting a new bike and Commencal is one of the brands I am looking at. I went onto their website and went to the South African region and it says coming soon.

Does anyone know when Commencal will be in SA, should I wait a bit anyone know someone that knows someone that I could contact?

I ordered straight from Commencal UK frame should be here soon, i made a big mistake using Aramax Global Shopper, and got nailed with VAT and duties, in hindsight i should paid Commencal offering on shipping and only pay duties this side.

Commencal has been up and down in SA over the years. I like the brand, but would be hesitant to buy until they are properly represented and can see they are here to stay.

Anyone looking for A meta V4 pm me ( killer one gona go up for sale at a killer price soon ...)

I'm thinking they will be here pretty soon, website is updated with pricing in Rands, exclusive and inclusive of VAT

post-74897-0-34163500-1539015236_thumb.jpg

Any idea or feedback on the soon'ness of "coming soon" for the South African portal?

attachicon.gifScreenshot_1.png

Hey Marc, website will be up on the 20th of October where bikes will be available for pre-order. First few bikes land on the 9th of November. Rest only later in January. 

Commencal has been up and down in SA over the years. I like the brand, but would be hesitant to buy until they are properly represented and can see they are here to stay.

Hi Eugene, its the first time that Commencal will be here directly, with stock in SA ;)

Hi Eugene, its the first time that Commencal will be here directly, with stock in SA ;)

Not the first, there was an agency some time back. Frenchman (Jean) and one the old Auto Xtra Cycles guys. They carried stick etc ... Max Commencal even came out the one and visited one of the cycle event expos. Sadly I think the 29r thing caught them out a bit here. Some beautiful bikes though, fond memories of the hardtails they did.

Either way, best of luck. Good to see this brand being given a fresh burst.

Not the first, there was an agency some time back. Frenchman (Jean) and one the old Auto Xtra Cycles guys. They carried stick etc ... Max Commencal even came out the one and visited one of the cycle event expos. Sadly I think the 29r thing caught them out a bit here. Some beautiful bikes though, fond memories of the hardtails they did.

Either way, best of luck. Good to see this brand being given a fresh burst.

The way I understood it, he means that it's the first time they are working here with a direct sales model. Not a traditional agency.

The way I understood it, he means that it's the first time they are working here with a direct sales model. Not a traditional agency.

Thanks Nick, that's correct. 

Archived