Convince me otherwise

DeityRaid

Looking for something that can tackle anything in-front of it pretty comfortably but specifically as I aim to ride a lot more enduro without wanting to upgrade after 6 months.

Current budget: R30 000

Currently eyeing out: Stumpjumper ST alloy

AFAIK there is a built in upgraditis chip in all specialized models.

they have released must have bikes in their lineups for 13 of the past 11 seasons.

New Giant Trance is due out/ or is already out.

Edit: Just seen price and over budget, sorry.

Edited by quintonb

Looking for something that can tackle anything in-front of it pretty comfortably but specifically as I aim to ride a lot more enduro without wanting to upgrade after 6 months.

This sentence needs a comma.  

And this fits the bill perfectly. If its the right size for you. Buy it.

Had a look at this and was definitely on the list; Only concern was it already being 5 years old I'd imagine a lot would be quite outdated (Feel free to correct me).

Generally tried to keep my pre-used options 2015+

You have a point. Only just noticed the year model and checked geo.

I bet that new stumpy is slacker. 

Although.. A 130mm recon wouldn't exactly " tackle anything in-front of it pretty comfortably"

You have a point. Only just noticed the year model and checked geo.

I bet that new stumpy is slacker. 

Although.. A 130mm recon wouldn't exactly " tackle anything in-front of it pretty comfortably"

Yeah, but the 2013-2015 Enduro is still a bloody good bike. Good reach numbers, just the seat tube angle and head angle which could be a bit more "up to date", but even then it's a great option. 

Edited by Cptmayhem

Yeah, but the 2013-2015 Enduro is still a bloody good bike. Good reach numbers, just the seat tube angle and head angle which could be a bit more "up to date", but even then it's a great option. 

Gun to my head I'd still take the Enduro. Far more capable. Even by today's standards.

He should keep an eye out though. Look around. Nothing against the stumpy.

Just seems more intended for the casual trail rider rather than someone with their sights focused squarely on enduro. 

Gun to my head I'd still take the Enduro. Far more capable. Even by today's standards.

He should keep an eye out though. Look around. Nothing against the stumpy.

Just seems more intended for the casual trail rider rather than someone with their sights focused squarely on enduro.

Same. I think I'd even take a 2015 Enduro over the newer more "up to date geo" ones. They really got it right with those bikes.

Still my favorite Enduro/Trail/Not a DH bike of all time.

Edited by Duane_Bosch