Camelbak bladder leak. Repairable?

Chris NewbyFraser

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Camelbak warranty is amazing. I needed a new o-ring for an 8 year old bladder without any slip or anything. I mailed the website customer support US site with the idea of buying a new o-ring. I then got a call the next day asking at which shop i would prefer my new bladder cap assembly delivered. Got it within 3 days of my initial query. Seriously the best service I have ever received. Loyal customer for life.

you still have to have the proof of puchase ? Mine is old as donkey crap ...but the pack is still fine , so a new bladder would be awesome 

no, that bladder came with a camelbak I bought in 2006, I got it replaced in 2014, no slip, Even in my Salomon running pack I use camelbak bladders...

Thanks. Will try the aquaseal.

Any reason why you'd prefer aquaseal over a warranty replacement bladder?

Any reason why you'd prefer aquaseal over a warranty replacement bladder?

Two reasons. I need it now and I have no proof of purchase. Seldom used, its still in new condition but is a 6 year old model.

• 3 years later...

If I could revive this thread :

I bought a used but pristine Thule hydration pack from someone on this forum. The bladder got a tiny tear in it ( no idea how) and since found out that they do not sell replacement bladders at all. They also claim they will replace if still under warranty and at fault and if one has POP. 

I find this a big disappointment to be honest and will def go Camelbak next time.

I will try some of the glues mentioned here to affect a repair in the interim. Thanks, guys, for that.

In Cape Town there is a company that repairs kitesurfing kite bladders they could fix it.

My son fixes his with some specific glue - will ask him which glue but it does cost two arms and a leg.

16 hours ago, RobertWhitehead said:

I have successfully used the tube patch kit with superglue on my one bladder. I think it is going on close to 2 years now

Plus 1

Thanks for the input, guys. Yeah, I'm going to try source some of that Aquaseal glue in the interim, and as said, def going Camelbak next time.

So.....when you guys say 'a patch with superglue'...are you saying that instead of the usual vulcanizing glue as per patching a tube, you substitute that with superglue? 

Edited by EssBee

By far the best long term solution is the glue and patch that the kitesurfers use (Aguaseal I think). You can get the same thing from outdoors shops as well. They sell it to patch inflatable mattresses (and I suppose adult shops might keep patches for blow-up dolls? Ha ha, only guessing of course! 😜). 

I have an old Camelback bladder that I patched with that aquaseal stuff about 10 years ago and it is still perfect.

@DJR yeah that's my plan....no, not the adult shop but to look for it at one of the outdoors shops or diving shops.

Thanks!

Dive shop will have Aquaseal. Pity you not in CT otherwise Paul at second wind could sort it out for you. Otherwise I'd help out, still got a bit stored in the freezer.