Vittoria tyres

matthieup

• 1 month later...

A couple weeks ago I changed from Conti’s to a Barzo 2.35 in front and a Saguaro 2.2. in the back. Not feeling that much difference yet in the back compared to the Conti but the difference in front is night and day. I had no idea how little front grip I had until I experienced the Barzo. I am also assuming the additional width plays a factor but man, had no idea what a big difference it would make.

post-105680-0-57034000-1546864036_thumb.jpg

Talking about these tyres.

I had a Saguaro on the back wheel. Fitted just before Sani and no issues. 

Through winter did mostly road. 

Towards the end of the year I got the MTB out again, but just couldn't get the Saguaro to stay inflated.

LBS also couldnt get it sorted, redid the tubeless setup.

Fitted a Maxxis Tyre, all sorted  :eek:

A couple weeks ago I changed from Conti’s to a Barzo 2.35 in front and a Saguaro 2.2. in the back. Not feeling that much difference yet in the back compared to the Conti but the difference in front is night and day. I had no idea how little front grip I had until I experienced the Barzo. I am also assuming the additional width plays a factor but man, had no idea what a big difference it would make.

I have similar feedback with the Barzo on the front, they grip so well that you tend to push your limits and your luck.

Similar to your experience I did the opposite and replaced my Barzo up front with a Rocket Ron and there's definitely not as much grip as the with the Barzo.

The Saguaro at the back has also been my tyre of choice for some time, but decided 2weeks ago to try out something new and fitted a Mitas at the back. Haven't ridden much with it yet so I still have to see what it does.

I have similar feedback with the Barzo on the front, they grip so well that you tend to push your limits and your luck.

Similar to your experience I did the opposite and replaced my Barzo up front with a Rocket Ron and there's definitely not as much grip as the with the Barzo.

The Saguaro at the back has also been my tyre of choice for some time, but decided 2weeks ago to try out something new and fitted a Mitas at the back. Haven't ridden much with it yet so I still have to see what it does.

Did you spot that unlike the Barzo, which is unidirectional, the Saguaro can be fitted one way for 'speed' and one way for 'traction'? I had never seen this before. I went with traction over speed... :clap:

Did you spot that unlike the Barzo, which is unidirectional, the Saguaro can be fitted one way for 'speed' and one way for 'traction'? I had never seen this before. I went with traction over speed... :clap:

Have seen that yes, I always run traction side aswell, we have lots of loose gravel/stone over hardpack here in the Breede River Valley and traction is much more important than speed.

Bought a set of Saguaros last year as it was on sale at CWC, ripped off my Ardents and I must be honest the grip and puncture resistance from the Saguaros dissapointed me from the get-go. My biggest gripe though is how difficult it is to seat them when compared to the Ardents, the sidewalls are so stiff its a beach to get it back on the rim. The only issue I ever had with the Ardents was that I had 1 delamination out of 6 tyres.

So now I'm back on the Ardents, and have never looked back.

Going off topic a bit, using Maxxis icons at the moment for the up and coming Attakwas, do you guys rate this tyre for this specific race, had no issues with them in other events.

• 3 months later...

Does the Barzo 2.35 fit on a normal NON BOOST fork?

Does the Barzo 2.35 fit on a normal NON BOOST fork?

Fits between the legs of a FOX 32SC so it should fit a non boost fork.

Edited by DieselnDust

• 2 months later...

has the wheels come off at the importer... Can't find stock anywhere.

Looking for

Vittori Barzo 29er, 2.35

Vittori Suguaro 29er 2.25

G

I always buy Vittoria tires at Evobikes. Checked their website?

Apparently the Mezcal has now replaced the Saguaro. So stock will be limited.

Barzo/suguaro

Ardent Race/aspen

Ron/Ralph

What’s the best combo, purchasing soon. Currently on Xkings