Burning off warts with a bomb

Shebeen

Wasn't sure to post this in Tech Q&A or here.

The internet wasn't very helpful with the keywords Bomb, CO2 either (I expect I'm on a CIA watchlist now) but I did fnd this https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/238061-where-to-buy-liquid-nitrogen-wart-remover/

I had some warts on my hand, (something to do with princesses I think).

I got them burnt off about 3 months ago, and one has now returned.

NOW, I don't feel like going back to the doc for him to torture me with liquid nitrogen when there is a potential DIY option.

bombs (CO2 cannister) get f#$%^ing cold when you open them.

do you think it's cold enough to do the business?

Has anyone been this inventive/dumb before?

I'd rather spend R15 than R450,

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The internet wasn't very helpful with the keywords Bomb, CO2 either (I expect I'm on a CIA watchlist now) but I did fnd this https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/238061-where-to-buy-liquid-nitrogen-wart-remover/

NOW, I don't feel like going back to the doc for him to torture me with liquid nitrogen when there is a potential DIY option.

Not a bad idea - only problem is the bomb will never get as cold as Liquid Nitrogen.

Seems legit, please post a video of you going through this process.... (for scientific purposes of course) 

The internet wasn't very helpful with the keywords Bomb, CO2 either (I expect I'm on a CIA watchlist now) but I did fnd this https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/238061-where-to-buy-liquid-nitrogen-wart-remover/

Rather go to the Dr

Should you suffer some kind of side effect*, at least professional help will be on hand.

*Heart failure for example

☝️

I also used to get warts in the past and every now and then I would go to get them removed (Only if I had another reason to visit the GP - would make it a bundle deal  :D). 

But then I discovered something quite interesting - they would what the GP called "flower" the skin opens and it looks like lots of small "islands" (for the lack of a better word) of skin forming on the inside of the wart (when it starts off it's nice and smooth but over time it gets lots of smaller pockets - one could almost say it was multiplying). 

Once this happens I would take tweezers and pull out said pockets - roots and all (bleeding will follow) - I would then be left with a hole where the wart used to be and I would then just treat that with "Mecerochrome" (Insert right spelling here) and then allow it to close up again. Now I had to repeat this on a wart multiple times but eventually they all went away without any scars 

PS: You do get wart removal kits at the pharmacy: https://www.dischem.co.za/orthofit-wart-freeze - much cheaper than having the GP do it

I also used to get warts in the past and every now and then I would go to get them removed (Only if I had another reason to visit the GP - would make it a bundle deal  :D). 

But then I discovered something quite interesting - they would what the GP called "flower" the skin opens and it looks like lots of small "islands" (for the lack of a better word) of skin forming on the inside of the wart (when it starts off it's nice and smooth but over time it gets lots of smaller pockets - one could almost say it was multiplying). 

Once this happens I would take tweezers and pull out said pockets - roots and all (bleeding will follow) - I would then be left with a hole where the wart used to be and I would then just treat that with "Mecerochrome" (Insert right spelling here) and then allow it to close up again. Now I had to repeat this on a wart multiple times but eventually they all went away without any scars 

PS: You do get wart removal kits at the pharmacy: https://www.dischem.co.za/orthofit-wart-freeze - much cheaper than having the GP do it

Also tweezered mine out after I dissected the top off. 

The one on my foot (sole) was quite memorable - every one I pulled out was accompanied with what felt like an electric shock.

Please report back if you do attempt this. I get some sort of wart thing on my fingers from time to time and I have had a few burned/frozen with liquid nitrogen. I don't think CO2 will be cold enough but willing to be proved wrong. I have tried using dry ice but it did bugger all. So liquid nitrogen "boils" at about -175 deg C(I think, could be a few deg out). As long as you keep it below that temp it will last forever but as soon as the temp goes above -175deg C it starts to boil and evaporate. I highly doubt CO2 is that cold.

That's how i got them burnt off in the first place, had fractured ribs so, whilst i'm here....

have tried the stuff from the pharmacy, hit and miss it was.

tweezers, no thanks, this sounds a bit too hardcore.

edit: WAIT WAIT, is this Barker Haines? No wonder it was no fuss as he is one BADASS MOFO who ain't scared of nothing.

whitehead_robert_celeb_Q_A.jpg

Seems legit, please post a video of you going through this process.... (for scientific purposes of course) 

I was expecting this one...might finally get some youtube hits!!

I think i am going to at least do a youtube vid of a CO2 bomb cooling down, you know for science and stuff.

Please report back if you do attempt this. I get some sort of wart thing on my fingers from time to time and I have had a few burned/frozen with liquid nitrogen. I don't think CO2 will be cold enough but willing to be proved wrong. I have tried using dry ice but it did bugger all. So liquid nitrogen "boils" at about -175 deg C(I think, could be a few deg out). As long as you keep it below that temp it will last forever but as soon as the temp goes above -175deg C it starts to boil and evaporate. I highly doubt CO2 is that cold.

yes, dry ice was my next guess.

the idea actually came from the weekend where the venue we were at started burning down (long story, but bergies eish!). the one guy who handled the extinguisher has got blistered hands!

Okay - I just consulted my book I have at home titled - How to avoid paying doctors bills.

I found some info on Wart Removal next to the "Do it yourself Brain Surgery" section.

Holding a 10mm bolt in a pair of Vice Grips heat it up with a blow torch until glowing red then immediately apply to the wart holding for a couple of seconds.

Remove, ice the area and then disinfect.

Keep icing and disinfecting for the next couple of hours.

Hope this helps.

Clicks/Dischem they all sell Wart Freeze treatment for that job at home. R165.99 at the moment

Archived