Burning off warts with a bomb

Shebeen

Some things you MacGyver like the folded 10 rand note to protect a minor cut on your tyre wall.

Some things you don't MacGyver. :huh:  

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

okee dokee, so my flir camera can only go down to -25'C 

time for the geeks out there to remember Boyles' law 

I'm wondering if

a)12g or 16g will go colder. I don't know if they're under the same pressure, and if the gas:metal ratio is important. My thinking is the bigger package will be colder.

b)if it's better to start at room temperature or freeze the bomb first to begin with a lower temperature

This has now turned into a science experiment with my kids, and ja there will be videos.

The Joule-Thomson effect is probably more relevant......

I had a wart on my thumb. Mom suggested I cover it with nail polish as the wart only grows whilst it continues to "breathe". For about 2 weeks I would cover it with clear nail polish every night and morning and just peel the hard formed nail polish off each day. After 2 weeks it was gone and never returned. Apparently there is very little to no oxygen in nail polish!!

I have actually been using a wart remover liquid from the pharmacy, also with salicylic acid.

I might just need to be a bit more consistent with it.

Consistency is key. You can also try you local friendly podiatrist an try to get the somewhat stronger concentration of it - they use up to 50% - but I have no idea where that is sourced from - definitely not for kids or uncontrolled use.

I also used to get warts in the past and every now and then I would go to get them removed (Only if I had another reason to visit the GP - would make it a bundle deal  :D). 

But then I discovered something quite interesting - they would what the GP called "flower" the skin opens and it looks like lots of small "islands" (for the lack of a better word) of skin forming on the inside of the wart (when it starts off it's nice and smooth but over time it gets lots of smaller pockets - one could almost say it was multiplying). 

Once this happens I would take tweezers and pull out said pockets - roots and all (bleeding will follow) - I would then be left with a hole where the wart used to be and I would then just treat that with "Mecerochrome" (Insert right spelling here) and then allow it to close up again. Now I had to repeat this on a wart multiple times but eventually they all went away without any scars 

PS: You do get wart removal kits at the pharmacy: https://www.dischem.co.za/orthofit-wart-freeze - much cheaper than having the GP do it

I did that once as a kid...it was gross AF...but the thing never returned.

Archived