Hot Wheels

Fruity

Yeah I love them ! I Love anything car related. I Actually make a living as an automotive engineering technician. I'm not bothered to collect every single one, I only buy the ones I like. This is a old pic from about a year ago. There has been a couple of new ones since then. I'll see if I can find some time over the weekend to get them all out for a new pic.   

post-62204-0-06337300-1543502712_thumb.jpeg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I love them ! I Love anything car related. I Actually make a living as an automotive engineering technician. I'm not bothered to collect every single one, I only buy the ones I like. This is a old pic from about a year ago. There has been a couple of new ones since then. I'll see if I can find some time over the weekend to get them all out for a new pic.

Bliksem

Perfect collection and perfect pic.

Yeh I see that some collectors like to keep the cars in their packaging.

Was Inc toy shop with lad earlier...and what I see ...

Hot wheels here around 3 pounds each, some models on special around 1.50. The Star Wars models are around 6 quid which is lotta loot but I guess licensing is the issue,

post-58227-0-88677900-1543516213_thumb.jpeg

That will never work for me, buying and keeping in the packaging...

It’s how it increases in value, like comics in plastic, never been read or opened are worth more

It’s how it increases in value, like comics in plastic, never been read or opened are worth more

I know, but its too clinical for me. I like a bit of emotional value... or in the car game they call it provenance.

Was Inc toy shop with lad earlier...and what I see ...

Hot wheels here around 3 pounds each, some models on special around 1.50. The Star Wars models are around 6 quid which is lotta loot but I guess licensing is the issue,

Licensing?

I think I paid around R35 each for mine. Not sure what other shops in this area charge for them.

Licensing?

I think I paid around R35 each for mine. Not sure what other shops in this area charge for them.

Guess hot wheels have to pay Disney licensing fees for the Star Wars models hence the double in price.

Guess hot wheels have to pay Disney licensing fees for the Star Wars models hence the double in price.

Ah :thumbup:

My 5 year old son has quite a few. Some hotwheels, some matchbox and some really cheap copies but he loves them all. I must admit I love playing cars with him. Also have some tracks with loops and jumps, etc.

A while ago he and I built this display stand:

post-4384-0-96282700-1543569615_thumb.jpeg

My 5 year old son has quite a few. Some hotwheels, some matchbox and some really cheap copies but he loves them all. I must admit I love playing cars with him. Also have some tracks with loops and jumps, etc.

attachicon.gifP4016388-01.jpeg

When he's older put them in a box and keep them for him.Wish my folks had kept my Hotwheels and Matchbox cars.

When he's older put them in a box and keep them for him.Wish my folks had kept my Hotwheels and Matchbox cars.

Same here. Can't remember how many I had, but it would be rad if I still had them, especially if my wife and I have a son next, that's IF we try for a second child.

No Hotwheels. I like the bigger 1/18 scale cars - detail is amazing. The 2 in my office;

8dba544bf99539e32314473ceff9cc55.jpg

Bought myself a Porsche a little while ago. I WhatsApped our family WhatsApp group, told them I won lotto, and posted this pic:

46458648_10156915220944791_8565848685986

attachicon.gifP4016388-01.jpeg

I like this storage, going to make one this weekend!!