UCI DH World Cup 2019 Season

Hairy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Coverage was pretty poor. Donne by local broadcaster not RB. There were no cameras for quite a distance after the start until the first or second fast straight. That said, they did have some good coverage in the tech woods and captured the crashes there.

The last 7 or so riders from Greg onwards was the cherry on the top. Those boys really let it hang out...

Coverage was pretty poor. Donne by local broadcaster not RB. There were no cameras for quite a distance after the start until the first or second fast straight. That said, they did have some good coverage in the tech woods and captured the crashes there.

The last 7 or so riders from Greg onwards was the cherry on the top. Those boys really let it hang out...

Those presenters were just plain pathetic, there is no way around this. How is it possible in this day and age to not be able to find decent knowledgeable commentators?

I love that anyone that is running slow "must have a slow flat" and did you know that "if a chain is broken the suspension does not work anymore as it relies on chain tension to work properly"

Just to name a few!

It's crazy how the Frenchies (particularly Pierron last year) kicked off a nuclear arms race in elite men's DH. Guys are having to go 110% all the time just to have a prayer of keeping up. 

Something that really struck me last night is Bruni's body position on the bike. He'd hit massive braking bumps at mach chicken and there'd be barely any movement in his body. He holds position and the bike just does it's thing beneath him. He never seems to be wrestling with his bike. 

It's crazy how the Frenchies (particularly Pierron last year) kicked off a nuclear arms race in elite men's DH. Guys are having to go 110% all the time just to have a prayer of keeping up. 

Something that really struck me last night is Bruni's body position on the bike. He'd hit massive braking bumps at mach chicken and there'd be barely any movement in his body. He holds position and the bike just does it's thing beneath him. He never seems to be wrestling with his bike. 

Bruni has always been smooth ..... and I would to call it ... said a few seasons back when he kept crashing out of just about every race that when he figures out how to go fast without crashing out he will be a champ :P

Was hoping when he was switching teams (just before mating up with Spaz) that he would go with the Syndicate...him and Mr Min would have made for the smoothest riders out there.

Its that patented FSR suspension and Ohlins dampers smoothing it all out. Spaz FTW.

Pity their shop guy looked at me like I was speaking alien when I asked for pricing on roval rims to replace my trashed versions. "Gotta phone H O" he said.

Those presenters were just plain pathetic, there is no way around this. How is it possible in this day and age to not be able to find decent knowledgeable commentators?

I love that anyone that is running slow "must have a slow flat" and did you know that "if a chain is broken the suspension does not work anymore as it relies on chain tension to work properly"

Just to name a few!

I watched Rob and Claudio on RB TV - they were also watching on a TV from RB's plane hangar. Rob got a few names wrong but generally it was up to scratch. 

Its that patented FSR suspension and Ohlins dampers smoothing it all out. Spaz FTW.

Pity their shop guy looked at me like I was speaking alien when I asked for pricing on roval rims to replace my trashed versions. "Gotta phone H O" he said.

FSR is no longer a patented / locked to Spaz

FSR is no longer a patented / locked to Spaz

Come on they practically invented the dual suspension bike man. Give some credit  :devil:

I watched Rob and Claudio on RB TV - they were also watching on a TV from RB's plane hangar. Rob got a few names wrong but generally it was up to scratch.

Agreed..I remarked to my daughter that he must be on the drink already because he went through a patch of just making an absolute mess of the names

Come on they practically invented the dual suspension bike man. Give some credit  :devil:

Fanboy much?

If you look at how many privateers are running the Commencal you might have the answer as to what is the best DH bike money can buy is right now.

Fanboy much?

If you look at how many privateers are running the Commencal you might have the answer as to what is the best DH bike money can buy is right now.

Privateers and small teams' bike of choice.

Would like to know what the best selling DH bike of the past few years is. The Supreme has to be up there. 

Privateers and small teams' bike of choice.

Would like to know what the best selling DH bike of the past few years is. The Supreme has to be up there. 

Wonder what the YT DH bikes sales looked like while Gwin was on the bike vs what it is now?

Fanboy much?

That is just because those Commies are so dirt cheap...

Nope, I kid, I'd also buy one if I had the desire and cash for a DH bike.