UCI DH World Cup 2019 Season

Hairy

Will we be able to see the whole UCI weekend on DSTV?

Yes.

Saturday

12:25 DHI Women on SS10

14:00 DHI Men on SS9

Sunday

12:15 XCO Women on SS8

14:45 XCO Men on SS8

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Predictions? 

Still leaning towards a Frenchy podium, with perhaps a Brit or even a Saffer thrown in there somewhere. 

I'm pretty sure Pierron will try his damndest to take the win, as it's a race on Commencal's home turf and Max Commencal will probably give a lekker bonus if he can pull it off. 

In regards to the ladies, I figure Hannah should be able to take it, with Cabirou, Hoffmann and Atherton in the mix too. 

Predictions? 

Still leaning towards a Frenchy podium, with perhaps a Brit or even a Saffer thrown in there somewhere. 

I'm pretty sure Pierron will try his damndest to take the win, as it's a race on Commencal's home turf and Max Commencal will probably give a lekker bonus if he can pull it off. 

In regards to the ladies, I figure Hannah should be able to take it, with Cabirou, Hoffmann and Atherton in the mix too. 

I'm hoping Loris can stay upright and think it's between him and the other 2 frenchies. I wouldn't mind any of them.

My son is a huuuuge Bruni fan so I know who he will be rooting for. I even had to fork out a lot of money for a 100% Aircraft helmet

I'm hoping Loris can stay upright and think it's between him and the other 2 frenchies. I wouldn't mind any of them.

My son is a huuuuge Bruni fan so I know who he will be rooting for. I even had to fork out a lot of money for a 100% Aircraft helmet

I think Loris has an injured wrist. The track walk article on PB shows him with a contraption on his wrist.

Edited by Jacquers

I think Loris has an injured wrist. The track walk article on PB shows him with a contraption on his wrist.

Really feel for that kid. I hope he gets back soon.

my heart desires Loris for the men's winner, and head says Rachel for the ladies.

form book suggests Loic, Troy and Pierron, for the mens, and Rachel or Tracey for the ladies. The rest are chasing tail-end of the podium.

Nina or Cabirou for 3rd. But i think the latter has the edge in that little battle.

Edited by Capricorn

I was hoping that Myriam Nicole would be back by now. Must have been a serious injury to keep her out for so long.

Tahnee seems to be recovering well, might even be ready for world champs at the end of August.

Edited by Jacquers

9 DH races for 2020  :clap:

https://www.redbull.com/us-en/2019-uci-mtb-world-cup-calendar

March 21–22: (DH) Lousã, Portugal
May 2–3: (DH) Maribor, Slovenia
May 9–10: (DH) Lošinj, Croatia
May 23–24: (XCO/XCC) Nové Mesto, Czech Republic
June 6–7: (DH) Fort William, Scotland
June 20–21: (DH/XCO/XCC) Vallnord, Andorra
June 26–28: UCI MTB XCO World Championships – Albstadt, Germany
August 15–16: (XCO/XCC) Lenzerheide, Switzerland
August 22–23: (DH/XCO/XCC) Mont-Sainte-Anne, Canada
September 5–6: UCI MTB DH World Championships - Leogang, Austria
September 12–13: (DH/XCO/XCC) Val di Sole, Italy
September 19–20: (DH/XCO/XCC) Les Gets, France

We need a PMB round again. And an Aussie one.
Edited by Jacquers

Its a bit of a lottery this year. I think Greg will be up there - he has good endurance on longer tracks ( this ones 4 mins plus apparently) but has never won this one although he was second in 2017 was he not?. In the women's I  am supporting Tracey and Nina. Rachel has a sore wrist too. 

Is it just me who finds Rachel more endearing nowadays?  :whistling:  :wub:

she just needs to drop the word 'like' from her lexicon, and she'll be nearly perfect ;)

I really admire her: she works hard despite the fact she's own biggest challenger. And win or lose, she's seemingly genuinely happy for herself and her opponents alike. 

Lots to admire.