UCI DH World Cup 2019 Season

Hairy

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, the 2019 season has been an absolute belter thus far! Such sick racing. 

Sunday's Men's race was tighter than a really tight thing. Didn't expect Minaar to turn it up in his race run, but he killed it. 

I should really follow my own predictions if I want to score better in the fantasy league. Figured Hannah and one of the Frenchies would take it, but then didn't pick any of them, rather focusing on a spread of more consistent riders.  :thumbdown:

Hoffman is absolutely killing it! 2nd as a privateer. I see she's been hanging around in the Syndicate pits, so perhaps Santa Cruz/Juliana can offer her a factory ride, despite The Syndicate being a notorious old boys club. 

Can't wait for the next rounds!

Man, the 2019 season has been an absolute belter thus far! Such sick racing. 

Sunday's Men's race was tighter than a really tight thing. Didn't expect Minaar to turn it up in his race run, but he killed it. 

I should really follow my own predictions if I want to score better in the fantasy league. Figured Hannah and one of the Frenchies would take it, but then didn't pick any of them, rather focusing on a spread of more consistent riders.  :thumbdown:

Hoffman is absolutely killing it! 2nd as a privateer. I see she's been hanging around in the Syndicate pits, so perhaps Santa Cruz/Juliana can offer her a factory ride, despite The Syndicate being a notorious old boys club. 

Can't wait for the next rounds!

The Syndicate could certainly do with a kick ass lady .... and Nina or Vali would do well .... but recon Nina would fit the bill better!

So here is my prediction for the new season as I rub my crystal ball (No single Armstrong testicle jokes please) ............ I recon that Gwin will be ditching Intense for another brand, in a media storm of note.

#YouHeardItHereFirst

So here is my prediction for the new season as I rub my crystal ball (No single Armstrong testicle jokes please) ............ I recon that Gwin will be ditching Intense for another brand, in a media storm of note.

#YouHeardItHereFirst

Performance hasn't been stellar, but it's doubtful since he is part owner of the team. But if he does it will definitely be a storm!

What I think he needs to do is either to go back to 27.5 or at least try a 27.5 rear wheel.

Edited by Jacquers

Can Gwin ditch Intense? He supposedly bought the team (or covered their debt). Will expensive to walk away from that ... 

Because they race the clock and not bar to bar like the XC dudes.

I guess that may be it but its not usually a case of them literally taking eachother out.  The moto enduro guys seem to race bar to bar and still be more like the DH okes. Whats motoGP like?

#YouHeardItHereFirst

funny you should bring it up: i was getting the impression gwinny is not happy with the frame. Or rather, he doesn't yet appear to be comfortable with it. (neither do any of his team mates in my view)

Perhaps it's as simple as the fact that with him being team manager, his race focus is somewhat off?

Performance hasn't been stellar, but it's doubtful since he is part owner of the team. But if he does it will definitely be a storm!

What I think he needs to do is either to go back to 27.5 or at least try a 27.5 rear wheel.

He could also just ask Bruni if he could use one of his spare frames  :ph34r:

Gwinn is in the top 10 overall still. He didn't get a result in FW and he podiumed on Sunday... Half a second behind hart. And he's had a Knackered ankle. Jeez okes...he's still a massive threat... Why is everyone suddenly thinking he doesnt like his bike or something

Gwinn is in the top 10 overall still. He didn't get a result in FW and he podiumed on Sunday... Half a second behind hart. And he's had a Knackered ankle. Jeez okes...he's still a massive threat... Why is everyone suddenly thinking he doesnt like his bike or something

#BecauseItIsFunToDoSo

Yeah, he's actually doing pretty well considering the injuries. Just still building up momentum since the team switch.

He was a bit undecided on L vs XL at the first race iirc.

Edited by Jacquers