UCI DH World Cup 2019 Season

Hairy

Seems I am getting better at this Fantasy League thingie :P ... need to refine it for the next race though.

post-5403-0-19202800-1560156348_thumb.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DH is going through a golden period isnt it. The coverage is better than ever with the Raw vids, Cathro and Eliot Jackson ( love his positive vibe and laughter). Also love how seriously these guys take their race training and practicing. Line choice and such like while on the other hand being so chilled and a bunch of jokers around each other. Its the same in the #hardenduro moto world. Just wonder why this vibe doesn't pemeate the marathon and XC MTB world.

DH is going through a golden period isnt it. The coverage is better than ever with the Raw vids, Cathro and Eliot Jackson ( love his positive vibe and laughter). Also love how seriously these guys take their race training and practicing. Line choice and such like while on the other hand being so chilled and a bunch of jokers around each other. Its the same in the #hardenduro moto world. Just wonder why this vibe doesn't pemeate the marathon and XC MTB world.

100%, The last 2 years have had major improvements to the whole build-up and race vibe.  Coverage of training, quallies and the final event makes for a lekker weekend of DH hype.

This was the first weekend that even my non-mtb wife was on the edge of her seat, shouting as Greg went down.

Cathro's videos are top notch. Even Gee's track previews are brilliant. (I do miss Claudio's more mere-mortal seeming point of view, but Gee's analysis is spot on) Still can't believe how calm and collected he is as he bombs down through gnarly stuff.

Listening to Bruni on how he took Cathro's line discussion into consideration was quite funny. Not 0.3 seconds funny, but funny.

What a sweet weekend indeed.

Solid question, how on earth did you get 30pts for round 1  :eek:  

some bad luck and also not paying any attention to the team I selected a while ago when the league opened...... I would like to think I know better now :P

I watched the start of the formula one last night. ( over the years I have lost alot if interest cause of FIA and its restrictions etc) So for the start was the first 5 laps. Family asked what is the 8pm movie, I said F1. They complained, I said relax, I only watch the start these days anyway!! 

So the start comes and goes, the 8pm movie is utter *&%$K. Wife ends up reading, Laaitie gets up and decide he gonna play games. I leave it on for a bit while I am playing games on the laptop. Eventually switch over with 10  decent racing laps left. Then the FIA made it boring again.

I was like, thank god I was able to watch some spectacular raving today. FFor me UCI DH has overtaken F1. There are stewards that can step in and say xyz, time penalty etc. The decision was harsh, but hey this is DH mtb and it was a spectacular race. Just bummed Greg missed out. I hope he picks up a few wins and especially a worlds win this year.

Seems I am getting better at this Fantasy League thingie :P ... need to refine it for the next race though.

Come on, you came off a low base :-). My team was good in parts, first and second in the women's but my nice spread in the mens was a let down. 

It must be all that lycra

We almost had a mini dispute in our house yesterday... My daughter quite likes loic.... So with 5 to go she asked... Who do you want to win? GREG of course!...i saw the brain working...."I guess I do too.. But only because it's Greg" [emoji23]

Any updates on Stephan Garliki? PB had him having a major off and being airlifted off the mountain?

Healing vibes to him. Dude must have the worst luck.

From his FB page today...ab46c67bdb11b242f5481aa0517585f8.jpg

From his FB page today...ab46c67bdb11b242f5481aa0517585f8.jpg

Stef has crazy bad mojo when it comes to injuries.I think last year was the least of it, until it wasn't. Prior to that, the breakdowns just seems to come in waves for the chap. Now this.

Hard not to feel despondent i'd imagine: i personally hate being benched due to injury. Can't imagine how someone in the prime of their sporting career has to sit by and wait. All part of it I guess, but not the best part.