Garmin Vivoactive 3 - loses BT connection exiting app

mecheng89

Good evening folks!

To those who own a Vivoactive 3, has anyone managed to solve the disconnection from phone issue when you exit the GC app? Seems like a common issue, even some Edge 1030 users suffer the same frustrations. 

Brand new Garmin, Huawei P10 Lite, newest version of GC and Express. All Permissions granted on GC, Huawei phone settings and device.

Thanks!!

When you say “close” are you actually closing the app or leaving the app to run in the background?

My Fenix absolutely needs GC running in the background at least to stay connected for notifications etc. iOS

Huawey phone is your problem, I had tons of issues, borrow another phone and try again. I changed to Samsung and never had any issues.

Edited by Dexter-morgan

I am 99% sure its the phone. I have the same phone and when I first got it I had no issues then a few months back there was a big software update and since then I have lank GC issues. My edge 520 used to connect to my phone as soon as it switched on but now I have to switch on edge and then unlock phone and it connects. My auto sync to my vivofit3 doesn't work anymore. My safe dayz with the momentum app doesn't work unless I open the app. I have checked all my settings and it's all set for the apps to run all the time but still it won't work. It is flipping irritating as I often forget to unlock my phone and go into apps.

All the apps and software is up to date. My next option is to delete it all and start from fresh but I would still have the latest phone software so not sure that will actually work, There was a small phone software update yesterday but not sure what it changed.

As per the others, definitely the phone. Had the same with a Huawei P9 lite and fenix 5X. Changed phone and issue gone. There was even a notice on Garmin website when I had my issues to say it was a problem with Huawei.

Good evening folks!

To those who own a Vivoactive 3, has anyone managed to solve the disconnection from phone issue when you exit the GC app? Seems like a common issue, even some Edge 1030 users suffer the same frustrations. 

Brand new Garmin, Huawei P10 Lite, newest version of GC and Express. All Permissions granted on GC, Huawei phone settings and device.

Thanks!!

Its Huawei. They want you to use their health app, strava needs the screen on at all times to run.  I'm giving my P10 to my 7 year and she can do what she likes with it.  Samsung or iphone is my next phone.

So this thread got me thinking about using GC on my pc(My theory was to leave GC open at work and then my watch can sync with the pc like it is meant to with my phone). I have a BT dongle so did some playing around yesterday only to find out that if you want to sync with a pc with a garmin device that has no port, you need some ANT stick thing. My BT dongle doesn't see my watch at all. So I decide to look into getting one of these ANT stick things. WTF they are expensive!!!!!! On the garmin and Navworld sites they just over R1k!!!!!!!. This is for a tiny ANT+ stick. Then takealot have a ANT(not + and looks more like a usb flash drive) for R639 but they out of stock anyway. But now I don't know what the difference is between + and non +(besides the price).

Anyone able to explain this a bit better to me? If I can find one 2nd hand for a couple hundred zar I am prepared to try it as I also did some more research about the garmin huawei issue and it goes back a while so doesn't look like it will get sorted anytime soon and TBH bar this issue I am happy with my huawei. I am due for an upgrade next month and GC is probably my most used app so I obviously have to consider all my options.