Bike Hub 2019 Commuters Challenge

Imploder

Technically I have 20 x working days till I go on leave :)

Me to can't wait,and if only I had taken the time and effort to figure out how to save my morning and afternoon commutes to strava I would be able to  claim over 10 000km's of commuting for the year :mellow: maybe next year,well done to all those who were so disciplined during the course of the year crazy to think another year is almost done  

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 100K mark could be reached, but I don't think the guys n gals at the top of the leaderboard can get there as they are mostly riding every work day already. It's up to the commuters on page 2 and 3 of the leaderboard (myself included) to get some miles in before the festive season starts.

C'mon lets do THIS!

I had no plans to do a final hard push towards the end of the year, but KingZam is moving up like a freight-train :nuke:  :nuke:  :nuke: ...  I have 3 weeks until I'm on leave, and some of those days will be spent commute-less in Jhb.  :o

I have my work cut out if I want to keep my position on the board  :(  :P

I had no plans to do a final hard push towards the end of the year, but KingZam is moving up like a freight-train :nuke:  :nuke:  :nuke: ...  I have 3 weeks until I'm on leave, and some of those days will be spent commute-less in Jhb.  :o

I have my work cut out if I want to keep my position on the board  :(  :P

:lol:  Just trying to add my bit to the 100k target :)

I was planning on my usual lekker 25km this afternoon, but instead of going home I have to visit the folks on the farm, so I'm down to 6km.

Edit : Plans changed and went home, a bit shorter.

Edited by Rouxenator

Should be back riding next week. Should be able to ad a 1000km if not a little bit more. Aim was to hit 7000km for the year.

Doubt I will make it with this week not riding at all.

Must add that I am very thankful for the rain we received this week up in Polokwane.

Hey Zub, what's with the stealth mode? You should be over 7000 already, time to update.

Been commuting quite hard these past few weeks with DC just in a few days now.

First time ever I had back to back 5 day commute weeks...I think. Been average around 220km per week Mon to Fri.

Still not enough to make podium tho

leave him alone ... he must have lost his login password!

I'm updating every now and then just to keep the leader board ticking over.

My numbers are not that far out, maybe a few hundred only. You guys have nothing to worry about.....yet.

Can we do a big push to reach the 100K mark for the group this year still?

Should be doable. May not be easy. The graph shows the total kms recorded as commutes by the top 12 over the last 5 weeks - 4 of those were over 2000. 

Zub did a 5 day almost 300km commute and then followed it up with a 200km training ride over that weekend, and Samson commuted right up to the day before Wine2Whales, did the ride, and the very next day was back for a 'recovery' commute of around 80 for that day. So tapering / recovery for Double Centrury should have minimal impact on these numbers.

post-1066-0-06804300-1574064493_thumb.jpg

The 100K mark could be reached, but I don't think the guys n gals at the top of the leaderboard can get there as they are mostly riding every work day already. It's up to the commuters on page 2 and 3 of the leaderboard (myself included) to get some miles in before the festive season starts.

C'mon lets do THIS!

Was amazed at the complete lack of law abiding by a dude wearing a stay wider than the rider cycle shirt. Criss crossing traffic, diagonally across intersections, riding in the road, completely oblivious to the traffic around him. Must have been a marvel character, and on the pavement is a cycle lane.

What Gives People????????

Cyclists are allowed on the road YES but NOT when there is a cycle lane!!!!!

If this strike carries on, I won't be adding many more kms(not that I add that much anyway). No ways I am riding to work and risking going passed the strikers on my bicycle, bakkie FTW. This is the only time it's better to drive than ride.

I'm updating every now and then just to keep the leader board ticking over.

My numbers are not that far out, maybe a few hundred only. You guys have nothing to worry about.....yet.

Dude, you took the effort to log in and update 100 km, why would you not update the other  almost 600 too? Just update, man.

Dude, you took the effort to log in and update 100 km, why would you not update the other almost 600 too? Just update, man.

That's how hectic things are at work at the moment.

I most likely got distracted by an urgent call or something at that point....

If this strike carries on, I won't be adding many more kms(not that I add that much anyway). No ways I am riding to work and risking going passed the strikers on my bicycle, bakkie FTW. This is the only time it's better to drive than ride.

Are there any news or rumours on how long ?

That's how hectic things are at work at the moment.

I most likely got distracted by an urgent call or something at that point....

I've got a solution for you: just ride shorter in, then you can be at the office earlier and get more done before you leave later  :thumbup:  :whistling: