Bike Hub 2019 Commuters Challenge

Imploder

When I got home I told the wife I needed to go for a short ride to get to the 8000km mark .... but I saw she had set up the outside table for dinner and the food smelt really good, so I left the last two km for this morning so that I could celebrate with a breakfast at our coffee stop :P

Smart husband :clap:

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Smart husband :clap:

The good wine also came out .... now in hindsight ... I wonder what she wanted and I am scared of what I unknowingly agreed to :P

Edited by Hairy

Will hit 8000km this afternoon - finally.

Hairy, when you going on leave? I am gunning to catch you but fear that i won't be able to build a buffer before i go on leave.  ^_^

I am looking to be going on the 13th December .... you?

I am looking to be going on the 13th December .... you?

I have put in leave from the 20 December but officially our office closes the 13 December so currently not sure.  :blush:

I have put in leave from the 20 December but officially our office closes the 13 December so currently not sure.  :blush:

Close on the 13th and take a well deserved break :P

Close on the 13th and take a well deserved break :P

But then i can't take the Italy break again!!  :P

Edited by samson99

Thanks, very slow week for me...

Tuesday I dropped the car off for some work and walked to the bike shop to picked up my 26er that was in for a service - so only half the commute to work. They did not put enough air in the fork so I could not take my usual rocky route home... short commute home.

Yesterday the afternoon commute was cut in half as I had to go pick up the car again. Today I will hopefully get in the usual 11 + 25 on my 29er. Odo rolled over to 27,000 on the way to work. 

Cat-i crushing the 9000km mark this afternoon .... whoop whoop!!!   :clap:  :clap:  :clap:

Well done Cat-i  !!!

Thx Eddie   :thumbup:  :blush:

You're also due for  your 7000 - maybe this afternoon?  :clap:  :clap:

The cottage we have had for the last few years has apparently been sold and is now occupied permanently. So we will be in another one, I am not sure which one though.

those damn things are rather pricey. In the late 90's or early 2000s we enquired, they refused to sell. Last year we decided to ask again, the small units were around 1.5m 

those damn things are rather pricey. In the late 90's or early 2000s we enquired, they refused to sell. Last year we decided to ask again, the small units were around 1.5m 

1.5M ... peanuts ..... 

1.5M ... peanuts ..... 

But they pretty small. I am not sure what size the 1.5M one was but even the bigger ones and not that big. I recently was interested in buying a holiday place on the south coast to add to my rentals and the agency sent me the rentals till may next year and bar a few days here and there is is fully booked and 90% of the bookings had already been paid for. Did the maths and you can make money by renting them. The only thing I wasn't able to work out was what it would cost to keep a holiday rental maintained and that is what scared me off. There will probably always be something breaking or wearing out etc etc and that I couldn't put a figure to. That then changed my mind as basic maths told me staying so far away would mean extra maintenance costs and then possibly a loss.

But they pretty small. I am not sure what size the 1.5M one was but even the bigger ones and not that big. I recently was interested in buying a holiday place on the south coast to add to my rentals and the agency sent me the rentals till may next year and bar a few days here and there is is fully booked and 90% of the bookings had already been paid for. Did the maths and you can make money by renting them. The only thing I wasn't able to work out was what it would cost to keep a holiday rental maintained and that is what scared me off. There will probably always be something breaking or wearing out etc etc and that I couldn't put a figure to. That then changed my mind as basic maths told me staying so far away would mean extra maintenance costs and then possibly a loss.

Maybe a loss now, but in 7-10 years (or less) it would certainly be showing a handsome profit?

I do not know the units you guys are referring to, so can't really comment RE price ... but as we all know property in CT is stupidly priced vs what you get.