For the aviation fans

Lotus

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

?

I will wait for it to hit the press before posting here. This business rescue practitioner may just be saving our backsides in a VERY clever way. If all these moves go according to plan(and so far it is but March will be the decider-I have started my prep already for this big plan) then this guy is a genius. All we need to do after this is get rid of all the people that are sucking the money dry because this plan will only work if we can come out on the other side without them.

Seems we will have to wait a month then :(

Look we starting with everything today as we lucky enough to have 3 of the aircraft on the ground at once but as soon as the public see the aircraft parked all over the place, someone will start asking questions. We have till end of March to get this done. Going to be an epic undertaking but we will do anything and everything to save our jobs. Technical is not under BR but naturally anything that happens to corporate filters down to us. 

Look we starting with everything today as we lucky enough to have 3 of the aircraft on the ground at once but as soon as the public see the aircraft parked all over the place, someone will start asking questions. We have till end of March to get this done. Going to be an epic undertaking but we will do anything and everything to save our jobs. Technical is not under BR but naturally anything that happens to corporate filters down to us. 

I would assume that SAA is your biggest customer and if the sink (or should I say crash), you will not have so many aircraft to work on for a while and it will impact you then.

Counsel for OUTA and SAA Pilots union in the Dudu Myeni delinquent director case argued this morning that the financial benefits of the Emirates and the Airbus swap deals, both of  which Myeni obstructed and sunk, would have led to SAA being profitable by 2017 and solvent now....

Edited by eddy

I would assume that SAA is your biggest customer and if the sink (or should I say crash), you will not have so many aircraft to work on for a while and it will impact you then.

SAA account for +-80% of Technicals income. 

SAA account for +-80% of Technicals income. 

Do they pay their bills?

Edited by Bonus

Do they pay their bills?

Monopoly money. Up until the BR started what would happen is at midnight all bank accounts would be emptied into the main SAA account(Since BR started this has not happened) and then we all got paid from there. Technical claim they owe them money and vica versa, it's stupid really. Since BR they have in theory had to pay us but it hasn't happened. Luckily the small amount of 3rd party work we do has paid our salaries.

An interesting review of the process of getting the 737Max back into service.

Aside from the challenge of finding enough flight simulators for all the pilots when the time comes for retraining, it seems that reintegrating the aircraft into flight schedules will be a big challenge.

Question for LWB: What's involved in bringing an aircraft that's been parked for a year or more back onto the flight-line?

Aside from the challenge of finding enough flight simulators for all the pilots when the time comes for retraining, it seems that reintegrating the aircraft into flight schedules will be a big challenge.

Question for LWB: What's involved in bringing an aircraft that's been parked for a year or more back onto the flight-line?

I guess they will have been parked-up and stored sensibly, so hopefully not too much trouble getting them back on line.

I'm sure I read somewhere that fuel doesn't stay as fuel if it sits too long, so drain, flush and refill needed too . . . 

They would need at least an A-Check. Hopefully all engines, APUs have been preserved properly then its a de-preservation. Flush all hydraulic, fuel and oil systems. A test flight............................ Good luck finding crew and pax keen to fly on the max for the first year.

I guess they will have been parked-up and stored sensibly, so hopefully not too much trouble getting them back on line.

I'm sure I read somewhere that fuel doesn't stay as fuel if it sits too long, so drain, flush and refill needed too . . . 

Yeah it has a life span. Not sure what it is though but I would definitely assume less than a year.

Thanks, that sounds relatively straightforward. I guess tyres get turned regularly to avoid "flat spots"?

Good luck finding crew and pax keen to fly on the max for the first year.

The video has some interesting comments on Boeing's plans to monitor social media.