For the aviation fans

Lotus

Are you nuts!!!  They will load the plane full, fly them down and pawn them at Muizenburg to help scrape in some much needed funds.  I would not trust SAA with my bike at the moment  :ph34r:

:D  :D

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What colour was it? White with some blue stripes? ZU-FFR possibly?

Can’t say, it was directly above me and with the lighting at the time I just saw the silhouette.

I have just come from a meeting to do with a MANGO APU that we working on. The mango engine guy was there, we asked him about the Lanseria story. They were told by the powers that be that they can't just stop flying that route and to re-instate it. He confirmed that they were not making money on that sector due to the aircraft not being full. In fact all the airlines operating out of there(kulula and safair) are not full. So they will still be operating in and out of Lanseria BUT instead of night stopping there like they used to they will now night stop else where. So you will not be able to get an early flight out or late flight into Lanseria. They will now fly Durban-Lanseria-Durban-Cape Town-Lanseria-Cape Town.

I have just come from a meeting to do with a MANGO APU that we working on. The mango engine guy was there, we asked him about the Lanseria story. They were told by the powers that be that they can't just stop flying that route and to re-instate it. He confirmed that they were not making money on that sector due to the aircraft not being full. In fact all the airlines operating out of there(kulula and safair) are not full. So they will still be operating in and out of Lanseria BUT instead of night stopping there like they used to they will now night stop else where. So you will not be able to get an early flight out or late flight into Lanseria. They will now fly Durban-Lanseria-Durban-Cape Town-Lanseria-Cape Town.

Better than no flights at all, but the business travelers need those early/late flights so I expect that will drop passenger load factor even more, making the route even more marginal.

Better than no flights at all, but the business travelers need those early/late flights so I expect that will drop passenger load factor even more, making the route even more marginal.

Kulula and safair will take up those numbers. There will still be enough seats available for the early fliers. He said with them exiting Lanseria there would still be enough space on the other carriers because all 3 operators were not full at all.

The first movie boosted military recruiting in the USA when it launched.

I wonder if this will do the same?

I didn't know that US Navy pilots went in for facelifts and botox…...

Long Wheel Base I heard rumors that SAX will seize (and not suspend?) operations over the weekend, do you perhaps know anything about it? (If you are not at liberty to discuss I will fully understand).

Long Wheel Base I heard rumors that SAX will seize (and not suspend?) operations over the weekend, do you perhaps know anything about it? (If you are not at liberty to discuss I will fully understand).

I unfortunately have not heard anything. I am not at work today but will send a few messages. There have been rumors for a while though that they going to stop flying and all the staff will just filter into SAA. They retrenched end of last year and I think they only got like 4 planes flying anyway.

Just love aviation... now the Corona virus has been allocated an ATA code:

TO: All Gulfstream Operators

SUBJECT: Standard Maintenance Practices (ATA 20) - Aircraft Screening and Sanitizing Guidelines to Address the Coronavirus - Update 

attachicon.gifMOL-ALLml2005.pdf

Was contemplating the need for this while staring cautiously at my tray table on yesterdays flight  :whistling:

post-41145-0-67089600-1583824022_thumb.gif

Was contemplating the need for this while staring cautiously at my tray table on yesterdays flight  :whistling:

attachicon.gifgif-flamethrower-1.gif

We are flying to Lisbon this Friday for the weekend... Was just thinking that we won't be eating / drinking anything on the flight