For the aviation fans

Lotus

After posting pics of me working at Fairford Airshow whilst it was being installed, I'm finally getting around to posting pics I took of the planes as they arrived. It was so nice being able to drive anywhere we wanted to and take pics before the crowds arrived 🙂

IMG_1101.JPG.df07c546f86e1aa7ff1816653b9147ab.JPG

These 2 pics are of an F-22 that comes in "kit form" in half a dozen shipping containers and is put together by a team. It's actually just a big and very realistic plastic model!

IMG_1106.JPG.8659928d12831aced446b04c087617b9.JPG

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice and empty for me 🙂

IMG_1146.JPG.c20fb1be83905e53037adbfdffff8928.JPG

The Red Arrows and another display team did a combined practice display. They didn't fly together during the actual airshow so we were lucky 🙂

IMG_1157.JPG.855b74a4f2124c200b851427f47d6a42.JPG

9 hours ago, Bonus said:

All in all it was an amazing three weeks!

Stunning thanks. For SA aviation excitement is blowing the cost of such an airshow running an airline that is really a feeding trough for ANC crooks and refuelling a Russian jet in defiance of sanctions it seems.

• 1 month later...

So we’re on our way from Barcelona in Spain to Charlotte in the States via Munich, flying Lufthansa…. and things are starting to get a bit strange.

we got to the airport last thing last night so we were here when the first check-in desk opened at 3.30am this morning. It’s pretty much as unsociable as it sounds, but never mind. We’re ok with that. However, after checking in for both flights and looking at our seat assignments I see that instead of sitting together, on the short leg to Munich we’re sitting one behind the other in different rows and we both have “middle” 14B and 15B seats. I couldn’t believe that literally everyone else had checked in on-line before us and a quick Google throws up:

https://simpleflying.com/lufthansa-economy-light-seat-fee/#:~:text=A step down for travelers&text=Currently%2C seat selection is free,or even long-haul flight.

Lufthansa will randomly allocate a seat to you during check-in, potentially leaving you in a middle seat on a short, medium, or even long-haul flight. The €50/$70 'amendment' fee on roundtrip flights could be a huge factor for those choosing between full-service Lufthansa and low-cost airlines on shorter flights.”

So unless you pay the surcharge, you will deliberately be given a middle seat and if there’s two of you you’ll get a middle seat each …. 

Our seats for the long haul flight are 42D and E, so we’re next to each other in the very back row where Seat-Guru tells me:

Seat 42 D is a standard Economy Class seat located in the last row of the aircraft. Seat back recline might be limited. The close proximity to the galley and lavatory area might be bothersome.”

oh joy……

https://www.seatguru.com/airlines/Lufthansa/Lufthansa_Airbus_A350-900.php