Canadian visiting Joburg,need advice

CoryV

Hey all,my name is Cory and ill be visiting Johannesburg this month from the 24th to the 29th and want to ride some gnarly single track.I need to rent a bike and im wondering if anyone wants to show me some moderately difficult trails around.

Firstly,whats the best place to rent good bikes?

Is anyone up for showing me some trails?

Thanks

Hey all,my name is Cory and ill be visiting Johannesburg this month from the 24th to the 29th and want to ride some gnarly single track.I need to rent a bike and im wondering if anyone wants to show me some moderately difficult trails around.

Firstly,whats the best place to rent good bikes?

Is anyone up for showing me some trails?

Thanks

Gnarly / moderately difficult trails and JHB do not go together. ;-)

No realy.

Ever heard of Thaba Trails, the place where the next SA XCO champs are been held ?

Ok so there is one spot. I stand corrected. Also you could take him to the DH course. [emoji1787]

Coming from Canada, especially BC, perhaps only the Down Hill track in PMB will qualify as gnarly. 

Nothing in JHB will qualify. 

Edited by IH8MUD

Spruits hardly downhill. - how about whipping him up to the greek church at VG and then bombing down from there. Otherwise PMB ?? nothing else springs to mind. Cape Town maybe?

Spruits hardly downhill. - how about whipping him up to the greek church at VG and then bombing down from there. Otherwise PMB ?? nothing else springs to mind. Cape Town maybe?

Cool story bro

Morzine as well?

Coming from Canada, especially BC, perhaps only the Down Hill track in PMB will qualify as gnarly. 

Yet people are still complaining since the last WC in 2014 that PMB is not even a DH track .

What about that place... I've never been, but isn't there a cable car around Hartebees that takes you up to a tough downhill?