Cyclist down on Suikerbossie

Cippo

I agree, but once again, the 'right' people won't even apply for the job knowing that they will have to put their lives on the line, work insane hours with almost no support, constantly be understaffed, shouted at, told they are useless, have nasty things written about them all the time (even the good ones are cloloured in the same pen when people talk about the SAPS) and ultimately be worn down into being the 'wrong' people.

The structure is broken. 

I'm almost certain loads of guys and gals join the police force for the right reasons and are quickly numbed and dumbed by the above.

I would love to see our SAPS in a good light and have dealt with some amazing individuals on the force when organising the 2010 world cup acees and egress, support and traffic management.

Unfortunately the difference between those in an office and those on the ground is often huge and the 'average' belies the facts.

Stop making excuses for laziness. that police officer was just lazy.

repetition and failure are learning opportunities in all jobs. We only become the best at what we do through failing, learning, (repeat) before success knocks at the door. 

All police officers need is the respect of the community at large. respect and recognition goes a long way. 

But your job is your job because that's what you chose to do to trade your time and skill for trade credits. Self respect and duty says that it should be done to the best of your ability no matter what the circumstances. If not then maybe a different job is out there

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop making excuses for laziness. that police officer was just lazy.

repetition and failure are learning opportunities in all jobs. We only become the best at what we do through failing, learning, (repeat) before success knocks at the door. 

All police officers need is the respect of the community at large. respect and recognition goes a long way. 

But your job is your job because that's what you chose to do to trade your time and skill for trade credits. Self respect and duty says that it should be done to the best of your ability no matter what the circumstances. If not then maybe a different job is out there

Excuses? Nah

I don'y agree with the way the police act and acted. I do however see them as people and not just a service.

For most of them that is it. There is no other job out there. I know a lot of guys who earn a lot of money who do very little and even laugh about doing as little as possible.

The difference is that these guys are public servants, always in the public eye and always under scrutiny.

Do something really well, close a few cases, the public response is 'Finally they are doing their jobs'.. Make a mistake and suddenly everyone is baying for blood.

The SAPS could and should be WAY more effective than they are, but they are undefunded, under staffed, under payed and massively under supported and over criticized so it's a no win for the grunts on the ground.

As I said, the system is broken and it severely influences the end product.

It is fantastic that the PPA has 'privatized' the overseeing of the blood samples. In my view we should privatize as much as possible. 

I'm not agreeing with the cops nor suggesting they weren't lazy. I am just trying to point out that most of us on our horses live in very different circumstances and our day jobs don't entail abuse from all fronts pretty much every second of the day.

People need some positivity in their lives. I don't think these guys get that enough to keep from being dead inside.

People need some positivity in their lives. I don't think these guys get that enough to keep from being dead inside.

Yip I wil agree with this.

However, our society doesn't give it so one has to rise above the negativity.

Maybe SAPS needs to offer life coaching to their staff.

I do not trust saps at all, have experienced  and seen enough questionable behaviour without any outcome.  Cases I have had in the past have had no outcome, Instead i get calls from the detective as to whether I have any info/update for them. I have stopped using saps, unless I need a case number for insurance. Thats all  they good for.

Being robbed at gunpoint at a business, no response until 2 days later and no pics  to look at. 

Vehicle breakins, probably a total of 8 and only once did they come  out and only to take finger prints.

One day I caught some trying to break in, saps is still pitching for that 6 years later.

"In my view we should privatize as much as possible." 

:oops:  THAT is just the problem...the MORE you privatize...the LESS someone else will do...because someone WILL make a plan to do my job (privatize) if I / they do not do it...so we have to pay our taxes PLUS other Private companies to do the job that our tax money should go for and is also paying?  :(

"In my view we should privatize as much as possible." 

:oops:  THAT is just the problem...the MORE you privatize...the LESS someone else will do...because someone WILL make a plan to do my job (privatize) if I / they do not do it...so we have to pay our taxes PLUS other Private companies to do the job that our tax money should go for and is also paying? 

If you want results, privatize.

The government system is broken. The employees are broken.

As a South African we pay our taxes to avoid going to jail, not for the benefit of the country.

Expecting different results from the same process? What is that again?

I'm not delusional. If you want good health care, do you go to a government hospital and complain that you waited, couldn't get a bed, felt rushed and didn't get the care you were after? Or do you go to a private hospital where there is accountability and a business model that is answerable, not a government that steals everything?

I'm seriously asking...... Most people rave abouit how good the private hospitals are but healthcare is supposed to be provided by the state?

As a South African we pay our taxes to avoid going to jail, not for the benefit of the country.

LOL  :eek:  sarcasm?

Expecting different results from the same process? What is that again?

I'm not delusional. If you want good health care, do you go to a government hospital and complain that you waited, couldn't get a bed, felt rushed and didn't get the care you were after? Or do you go to a private hospital where there is accountability and a business model that is answerable, not a government that steals everything?

I'm seriously asking...... Most people rave abouit how good the private hospitals are but healthcare is supposed to be provided by the state?

Then some companies should start a private Police force, open offices and buy vehicles to patrol around the country and only the people paying for that service every month should go to those offices / branches to get their papers certified / get a case number / call this Police force if they have an accident, etc...etc...that would solve the problem then?  :whistling:  has anybody suggested this business model to Discovery or Momentum yet...you could be on to something  :w00t: 

I understand your point, BUT, I disagree that it is as simple as an issue of low pay. In my opinion it is primarily a problem of employing people with the WRONG skills and personalities to do the job.

The problem is that the low pay will often deter people with the right skills etc

So last year Abdullah and his mates gets attacked by that thugs from Langa with pangas..this year it's a drunken POS that almost takes him out..wtf.. my wife would said, "That's it...sell that freakin bike"...dude all the best and wishing you many incident free miles.????