Cyclist down on Suikerbossie

Cippo

From initial reports I have is a group of rider's were standing on the side of road on top of Suikerbossie towards Hout Bay. A car travelling in the same direction struck one cyclist and he was flung approximately 50m down the road. I was told as I arrived at scene that driver had been arrested. Fire department and 2 doctors were treating cyclist. Not to say much but he has some serious injuries but is stable from all reports. Please keep him in your prayers and be safe out there.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tragic, wish him a speedy recovery - strength to friends and families of all involved :(

Jesus christ WTF is wrong with people these days. At this time of year there are usually 20 people taking a rest at the top there

Police refused to draw blood so the PPA got their own pathologist to come draw his blood on scene!! Proud to be a ppa member!

is any of that legal??? meaning, cna the cops refuse? is there no accident scene protocol for taking blood when alcohol is suspected to be involved, and can a private entity enter the chain of evidence in a criminal matter?

i heard from a source that the police didnt take blood because the drunk driver was drinking alot of water...what a shitty excuse not to take the blood...if you kow his is drunk test him there and then no matter what...