[Event] Cycle Lab Maluti Double 90 powered by Biogen

PPA Free State

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not a 50/34 AND a 11/32? :clap: :clap: :clap: . I rode with a 11/32T and what a pleasure that was.

3 years ago I was fine on 53/39 and 11/28. Need to rethink my strength training. 39/28 is not that bad.

had a 50/34 and 32/11 rear on my Supersix

If it was not for this gears, I would have waked the "Mins shaft"

:ph34r:

The problem with that gearing is the first 140km of the ride before golden gate - this section is fast!

The problem with that gearing is the first 140km of the ride before golden gate - this section is fast!

Yip. I believe the semi compact 52-36 with a 11-25/28 is the perfect setup. Definitely my next purchase

I get a certain sense of delight in telling those around me that they are already in their lowest gear when I hear the frantic attempts to shift to an easier gear.

You’re one sick puppy, V’ ????

• 7 months later...

Im keen to join a team for the 2020 Maluti Double 90. Im fairly fast, just did the 947 cycle Challenge in 2h38 but the main thing would be to have a lot of fun! Anyone know of teams needing an extra rider?

Cheers

Anton

• 3 months later...

So is the Maluti still happening?

We were forwarded a message, stating that "our events committee is busy monitoring the status and consulting with local authorities before making the decision whether to cancel or postpone this year's event."

Probably won't happen. Fair enough

So is the Maluti still happening?

We are all holding our breath!  2 teams entered so we are heavily invested in this one.  Accommodation paid for, kit ordered, etc.  However, the right decision has to be made for everyone's safety.  

Understand CSA has cancelled all events till after Easter so assume that means DM ain't happening

Understand CSA has cancelled all events till after Easter so assume that means DM ain't happening

PPA event, don't think CSA is involved. (stand to be corrected)

Maluti attracts a crowd of more than 100 people so I don't see how this event would still go ahead.

And officially postponed.

Lazy weekend in the mountains it is then.

Edited by HdB

J2C, Two Oceans etc. have all been cancelled - it's only a matter of time until this event is cancelled.

All events for the next two or three months will be cancelled.