HELP! Cleaning solutions for white gloves

RLucas

I used to clean my white jods by using an Omo washing powder paste (just add a bit of water) and a soft brush. Wet the material, put the paste on and gently use the brush, leave it for a while then chuck in the wash.... used to work for all the grass stains (but not blood!) from all my falls/fails!

Hi Hubbers!

I have a pair of white Giro LTZ II gloves which are now mostly black... mostly on the palms... I have given them a light scrubbing, chucked them in the washing machine, soaked them, etc etc etc, but still no joy.

Are there any good cleaning products out there that won't damage the material? Thanks in advance!

51qOOpeVmJL.jpg

Try soaking them in a water with a few aspirins added. Another trick is using bicarbonate of soda added to your washing powder.

Admitting to owning these is brave.  Very similar  adviceto above ideas but MJ soaked his in bicarb, then a bit of vanish and into the washing machine.  Ok maybe he didn't but I wear a lot of white Tshirts and I'm gifted at soiling them.  A problem could also be that the palm side fabric, either suede or a synthetic, is dyed to make it white - this rubs off eventually.

Edited by Waynemol

Hydrogen peroxide... Basically oxygen bleach which will be colour and fabric safe... At least, much safer than chlorine. Vanish is the same idea but HP is cheaper.

Haha I've only avoided white gloves cause back in hostel days, if you were caught pulling wire on hostel you had to wear a white glove to school the next day... Hahahaha never worn one, never will...