Fake Sunglasses

Furbz

Surely, the lens quality is also not as good? 

The fake lens will never provide the same UV protection etc. as the proper stuff. 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely, the lens quality is also not as good? 

The fake lens will never provide the same UV protection etc. as the proper stuff. 

I'm happy to believe you if you can back up that claim?

I'm happy to believe you if you can back up that claim?

I have no info to support it - definitely not a claim.

I'm asking the question, as I always wonder if the fake lenses offer the same level of sun and UV protection as the proper Oakley lense?

The $229 difference that the first video talks about is the R&D Oakley put into their products.

Hmmm...

Really?!

Do yoy think their profits are the same as the fake stuff?

There are loads of reasons why the real thing is way more expensive, and only a tiny amount of that is R&D

Hmmm...

Really?!

Do yoy think their profits are the same as the fake stuff?

There are loads of reasons why the real thing is way more expensive, and only a tiny amount of that is R&D

Of course there is more than the R&D that Oakley spend money on, stores, staff, facilities, marketing etc, but in the end it comes down to the product you are paying for.

I would never feel comfortable putting fakes on my face, that probably comes down to the fact that I worked for Oakley for 2 years and saw the industrial testing they did first hand with fakes VS real pairs. The results were often scary and very eye opening.

So "Clint" is acting like a real box for advertising them as original when they are in fact "fakes".

That for me is the biggest issue, if he wants to buy fake glasses from Aliexpress or wish or whatever, So be it, perhaps it's all he can afford, HOWEVER, Selling them for possibly 400% of what you paid and labelling them a "bargain" shows that he has zero morals and is put straight in the tool BOX in my opinion!!

Of course there is more than the R&D that Oakley spend money on, stores, staff, facilities, marketing etc, but in the end it comes down to the product you are paying for.

I would never feel comfortable putting fakes on my face, that probably comes down to the fact that I worked for Oakley for 2 years and saw the industrial testing they did first hand with fakes VS real pairs. The results were often scary and very eye opening.

I also don’t do fake.

But, almost all polycarb lenses will function very similarly wrt impact

So "Clint" is acting like a real box for advertising them as original when they are in fact "fakes".

That for me is the biggest issue, if he wants to buy fake glasses from Aliexpress or wish or whatever, So be it, perhaps it's all he can afford, HOWEVER, Selling them for possibly 400% of what you paid and labelling them a "bargain" shows that he has zero morals and is put straight in the tool BOX in my opinion!!

There we go.

someone has finally got this thread back on track

The $229 difference that the first video talks about is the R&D Oakley put into their products.

Waaahhaaaahahaaa

my lazer has a key switch, doesnt yours!

I dont even have a lazer. Who has one and why?

Foakleys arent that bad. The rubber at the arms comes off butt thats fine.

Edited by Joshua Christensen

Above R&D and paying staff and premises etc... price is more often than not driven by the market. They know full well what people will pay for sunglasses, and thats what they'll charge. Oakley can sell those glasses for half the price and still make a huge profit, but why, when the market has been tested to be happy to pay R3000 for a set.