Rocket ron/ralph still good?

MariusC

Haha no. I stopped cycling for 5 years

Is that why you have a sad faced minion as an avatar?  :ph34r:   Get back on the bike and fix with smiley minion asap. ;)

Is that why you have a sad faced minion as an avatar?  :ph34r:   Get back on the bike and fix with smiley minion asap. ;)

better?  :thumbup:

I'm riding the rocket ron front and racing ralph rear, works for me and has been for years.

My next set of tyres will probably be the Vittoria Barzo / Saguara combo from bike addict. They are selling at a great price and have stronger side walls than the Schwables, although, they do weigh a bit more. 

I'm riding the rocket ron front and racing ralph rear, works for me and has been for years.

My next set of tyres will probably be the Vittoria Barzo / Saguara combo from bike addict. They are selling at a great price and have stronger side walls than the Schwables, although, they do weigh a bit lot more. 

Fixed it for you

Racing Ralph front and rear... sorted for speed and grip
Other combo is Specialized Fast Track GRID tyre... they have finally taken a leaf from Schwalbe and fixed the sidewall issues... this one works really well

Fixed it for you

Not just the weight but the Barzo  doesn't have a much grip as it's tread and rubber would suggest. Its fine for a month but after that and regular riding the grip falls away to the poin where even a Rocket Ron with Speed Addix Red Compound offers more grip. Maybe it ill ork better on the firmer JHB clay than it does in Cape Town

• 4 years later...
1 hour ago, Shebeen said:

any updated comments here.

looking at a RacingRay front + Racing Ralph rear combo

https://www.swisscycles.com/schwalbe-racing-ray-racing-ralph/

I am using the Ray on the front and it is excellent, I will replace it with the same for sure. The Ralph I have not used but I am sure it will be an excellent rear. The Ralph might just not be the longest lasting rear tyre, or any Schwalbe because it is softer rubber.