Rocket ron/ralph still good?

MariusC

So I am looking at getting new tyres. I use to use Ron's in front and ralph's at the back. I have been out for quite a while so want to know is this still a good combo or is there something else i should look out for?

Rons are awesome tires. Super fast. Put them on the front and back.

I read somewhere that a Ron in typical racing conditions is faster than a Ralph. 

Edited by openmind

In the past couple of months I have ran a couple of their combo's. Started Ron front and Ralph rear lekker fast but had a issue with traction when braking. Then Ron front and rear that worked great, fast, grippy and lighter than Ralph. Currently running Nic on front and Ron rear works good little more grip in corners plus the Nic doesn't roll noticeably slower than the Ron on front. It all depends on the type of riding you want to do.

And there's your answer

Just wanted to know if there was any better out there as its been 5 years

In the past couple of months I have ran a couple of their combo's. Started Ron front and Ralph rear lekker fast but had a issue with traction when braking. Then Ron front and rear that worked great, fast, grippy and lighter than Ralph. Currently running Nic on front and Ron rear works good little more grip in corners plus the Nic doesn't roll noticeably slower than the Ron on front. It all depends on the type of riding you want to do.

Thanks will look at this combo as an option as well

The Ron and Ralph has also evolved with new compounds and revised pattern design. But there is others which are also great. Vittoria Barzo front and rear or Vittoria Saguaro rear is also great and I have found they are little more grippy and supportive than Ron and Ralph however Schwalbe is a bit lighter by some if that matters to you.

RoRo rear and NN front - works for me on my xc bike.

Its been an evolution towards tires with more traction but that stiĺl roll fast enough.

When I moved to a 29er it was RaRa front and rear - then RoRo front and RaRa rear - then RoRo front and rear and then swapped the front to NN - anything more and they start to be noticeably slower on most xc tracks.

Thanks for all the replies guys. Next question. Where is the best place to get schwalbe tyres in JHB?

Thanks for all the replies guys. Next question. Where is the best place to get schwalbe tyres in JHB?

order from Evo bike have always got the best prices from them on tyres.

would start with the online shops. Evobikes, Easybike and CWC. Shop around there is huge price differences and the "new" Addix compounds tend to be more than older pace star and trailstar compounds.

Just wanted to know if there was any better out there as its been 5 years

Sjoe, your tires lasted 5 years? I get nowhere close

Sjoe, your tires lasted 5 years? I get nowhere close

Haha no. I stopped cycling for 5 years