[Event] DBX presented by Retail Capital

WorldSport

Event Name: DBX presented by Retail Capital
When: 25 May 2019
Where: Darling Brew, Western Cape
Category: MTB

The Darling Brew Extreme mountain bike challenge returns for the sixth consecutive year on Saturday, 25 May 2019. One of the most anticipated single-day races in the Western Cape, DBX 2019 takes place in Darling with all four routes beginning and ending at Darling Brew.

Darling Brew in association with Retail Capital offer riders and spectators a day to remember with family-friendly surroundings at the Brewery, live music and local produce as well as a chance to taste their wide range of locally brewed craft beer.

Entrants can choose their challenge, with routes ranging from the scenic 15km ‘Slow Beer’ in and around the quaint town of Darling to the super endurance 80km ‘Bone Crusher’ which follows cattle trails, jeep tracks and farm roads to take you through vineyards, olive orchards and fynbos trails.

All riders are welcomed back to the Brewery with a cold Darling Brew beer at the finish line.

Go to www.entryninja.com/events/event/44322-dbx19 to enter online.

Visit www.darlingbrew.co.za for more information or keep up to date via the Facebook event www.facebook.com/events/386938012038517/

Go to Event Page

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is always one of my favourite events of the year! Already entered the BoneCrusher.

Looking foward to it

I mean who doesn't like drinking beer with 10km to go!

Edited by Jako De Wet

I mean who doesn't like drinking beer with 10km to go!

I preferred it in past years when the beer was at the top of the hill and you then just roll (race) down the hill to the finish.  Last years one where they take you on a not so scenic 10km loop around the farms after the beer wasn't nearly as good. 

Amped to be there this year again after having to cancel due to travels last year.

Ready to clap BoneCrusher!  :ph34r:   :clap:

Ehhhrrr... stupid question. Having not done this event yet I entered for the duo (Pixie dust?).

I subsequently heard the trails are quite a lot of singletrack - so how technical are these for a more of a runner type duo athlete...

But then again, I aim to go for enjoyment! 

Ehhhrrr... stupid question. Having not done this event yet I entered for the duo (Pixie dust?).

I subsequently heard the trails are quite a lot of singletrack - so how technical are these for a more of a runner type duo athlete...

But then again, I aim to go for enjoyment! 

They're not very technical, you'll be fine. 

They're not very technical, you'll be fine. 

Cool, thanks. 

More worried about holding up people. Haven't been on a MTB properly in a good while. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Guys and Girlies

Looking for an entry for Bloody Serpent, any one pulling out or not going pls inbox  me. 

regards

Anyone know if this race is sanctioned by CSA? Thanks

I was told its not a csa event....but if you only have a R250 license you can ride no problem, just be aware that if you injure yourself that you are not covered under CSA 

There's another way?

I've done the medium route twice before here. See you there!

i'm in for the 78km.  just aiming to finish as I'm not used to the longer type MTB events.

There's another way?

I've done the medium route twice before here. See you there!

tee hee, there's a "smash yourself to bits way so the final km feel like death"...  i'm really not up for that.  just going to pace it lekker and stop at every damn watering hole.