Bike fit - Road

Trevz

Hi people

Quick question.... Where's a good place to have a bike fit done. (Road cycling) I'm not feeling comfortable with my set up. Feel that the frame size is right but there's tweaks needed. I'm based in Midrand so somewhere close. Also if you have pricing, please do share. Last done a fit for mtb like 3 years ago at cycle lab lynwood

• 2 weeks later...

I think Dunkeld is running a bike fit special at present for R500. Heard it from my mate so don't shoot the messenger.

Richard Baxter bike fit... Top dude... May get appointments at various spots including dunked cycles. He fits our road bikes, tt bikes etc...

Is technical and very experienced.

https://cyclesolutions.co.za/

​Wessel is epic, proper Retul 3d analysis and serious attention to your feedback. 

I think it's R1000 including the follow up, and you can add another bike for R500. 

They're in Randburg, but worth taking the trip

Hello guys,

Anyone else recommends Cyclesolutions and specifically the RETUL system? Im keen to get a MTB and Road setup done.  

Rgds

Hello guys,

Anyone else recommends Cyclesolutions and specifically the RETUL system? Im keen to get a MTB and Road setup done.  

Rgds

I didn't own a Road bike, went to Kirk Meyer who did the RETUL fit for me and it made perfect sense as a 1st-time fit before I bought something. Bought an appropriate bike on Bikehub and went back to him to transfer those measurements to the new bike. Been comfortable for 3 years now without any niggles.

Last week I wanted to convert said road bike to a TT position, so then Retul didn't make sense. I went to Marcel at Set-It-Up in Lynnwood (He can also do RETUL by the way) and he just did the fitment on the actual bike, Retul would not have made sense in such a case.

Do the fitment, best money spent in terms of value added.

• 2 weeks later...

I went to see Jeandre at Westrand Cycles. He did a Retul fit for my riding partner and I. I was suffering from quite a bad knee pain problem that just seemed to be getting worse. Had great fun doing the fit, found out I'm built a bit like quasimodo which was ..... interesting. 

After the fit I feel like the bike was made for me, and the knee pain is gone. Worth every penny and highly reccommended.