Kayaks

Spokey

Very chuffed, just picked up these two Kaskazi Skua kayaks for a good deal. 5,3 m long. Should be a little different to the plastic recreational thingies we have been mucking about on!post-52292-0-74235900-1555700734_thumb.jpeg

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Take a punt here.....I have a fishing kayak for sale if anybody is interested.  Fully rigged, fish finder, rods, reels, wheels......you name it.

Kingy (#5)in almost new condition.

I have had 2 of their Duos for about 10 years. Have always had great service from them. Must admit to sometimes mistreating mine. We did several Orange River expeditions with them although they are really sea kayaks and not meant for rocky rivers and rapids. If you are ever in Cape Town and want to do a nice paddle, just talk to the Kaskazi guys. They do outings from their shop in 3 Anchor Bay and if you rock up with one of their kayaks, they are usually happy for you to tag along for nothing.......and you are more likely to find the school of dolphins that hang out there with their help than doing it on your own.

post-17716-0-61415500-1555702872_thumb.jpg

Yeah, you gonna enjoy those.

I had a few kayaks. Still have a dual plastic one. I had a dual seatter padelyak. That was one awesome kayak and very fast and stable. I had a stealth fishing kayak for year. Was nice but one would tip out of it very easily.

I have had 2 of their Duos for about 10 years. Have always had great service from them. Must admit to sometimes mistreating mine. We did several Orange River expeditions with them although they are really sea kayaks and not meant for rocky rivers and rapids. If you are ever in Cape Town and want to do a nice paddle, just talk to the Kaskazi guys. They do outings from their shop in 3 Anchor Bay and if you rock up with one of their kayaks, they are usually happy for you to tag along for nothing.......and you are more likely to find the school of dolphins that hang out there with their help than doing it on your own.

I went to Slaapstad a few months ago with the missus to “test drive” their boats. In the end we only did a trip in the Duo. It did however reinforce the fact that my decision to go with Kakazi was/is valid. I have yet to hit the water in theses Skuas, but looking forward to it.

Edited by Spokey

I had a few kayaks. Still have a dual plastic one. I had a dual seatter padelyak. That was one awesome kayak and very fast and stable. I had a stealth fishing kayak for year. Was nice but one would tip out of it very easily.

Thanks Eddy I am really looking forward to trying these out. Edited by Spokey

Take a punt here.....I have a fishing kayak for sale if anybody is interested.  Fully rigged, fish finder, rods, reels, wheels......you name it.

Kingy (#5)in almost new condition.

Pm me, pics and price.

I also had a Paddleyak Swift .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Howzit guys. What would you suggest for flat water/dam rowing? There is very little info on the interweb about rowing.

I came across the Jacana K1. Is this worth it?

Howzit guys. What would you suggest for flat water/dam rowing? There is very little info on the interweb about rowing.

I came across the Jacana K1. Is this worth it?

Rowing or paddling?

For Kenhardt you need a land yacht. :ph34r:

Where around or near cape town can one ride one of those. Something like a saltpan size.

I would like one, but dunno where to ride in a huge open space and just gun it.

Where around or near cape town can one ride one of those. Something like a saltpan size.

I would like one, but dunno where to ride in a huge open space and just gun it.

The area north of Brandvlei, Carnavon and south of Kenhardt in the Northern Cape, is full of great pans, but that is bloody far from Cape Town. The most famous one is Verneukpan where Malcolm Campbell in his Bluebird tried but failed to break a land speed record way back when.

There used to be an outfit that rented those in Muizenberg, but it was more of a kiddie party thing around the parking lot - not what you want to do!