[Event] STBB4GOOD MTB CHALLENGE

Anna_Afrika

Event Name: STBB4GOOD MTB CHALLENGE
When: 12 October 2019
Where: Overgaauw Wine Estate, Western Cape
Category: MTB

The STBB4GOOD MTB Challenge and Family Day will be taking place on Saturday 12 October 2019 at Overgaauw Wine Estate in Stellenbosch over the Bottelary Hills MTB Trails and Conservancy. The aim of this event is to raise funds for the Miles for Smiles Foundation.

The MTB race has become known as one of the “must-do” events on the MTB calendar. Our routes are enjoyable, challenging and well marked, our marshals are on the ball, we have the top class water tables in the industry, and we are told that ours is one of the best organised MTB races in South Africa. Unbelievable prizes from our generous sponsors, and loads of prizes to be won.

After the race, chill out in Bedouin tents, eat, relax and take in the view. Enjoy the food market, artisan beers and wine tasting, plus a jumping castle and arts and crafts for the kids.

Distances: 60km | 45km | 30km | 12km | 5km

ENTRIES OPENING 27 MAY 2019

Go to Event Page

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tried to sign up for the race, but seems that there is a problem, or have they already sold out?

go to calendar on Race tec scroll down to STBB click more info, top of page enter

tried, it and it allowed me to signup, but the payment button does not want to appear

I'm in. Hopefully not getting a massive nail in my tyre 5km before the end this year. 

If not 5km from the end where in the race would you prefer it to happen?  :ph34r:

• 2 months later...

I'm also keen to know more about the routes (45 specifically). All the pics I see appear to be jeep track or rolling meadows :-) 

I'm also keen to know more about the routes (45 specifically). All the pics I see appear to be jeep track or rolling meadows :-) 

I did the long route last year which was very similar to the 45, with just some extra bits here and there.  

It was a PROPER fun day out there, yes there was lots of traffic down the single tracks but it was just an amazing experience.  

The race / ride starts with a proper slog up the hill which just keeps on climbing to separate the groups. Till the next single track at the top.

I did the long route last year which was very similar to the 45, with just some extra bits here and there.  

It was a PROPER fun day out there, yes there was lots of traffic down the single tracks but it was just an amazing experience.  

The race / ride starts with a proper slog up the hill which just keeps on climbing to separate the groups. Till the next single track at the top.

Thanks! :-) I'm all about the single track...

Can't find anything about entering on the day, but worth giving them a call. Might also be able to register at the Number Collection points;

Organiser: Smith Tabata Buchanan Boyes (STBB)

Contact number: 021 406 9100

Email address: mtb@stbb.co.za

STBB, 8th Floor

Tuesday, 8th October 2019 from 10:00 – 18:00

or

STBB, 1st Floor Titanium House

Wednesday, 9th October 2019 from 10:00 – 18:00

or

Sportsman’s Warehouse, Durbanville

Thursday, 10th October 2019 from 10:00 – 18:00

or

STBB, 2nd Floor Buchanan Chambers,

Friday, 11th October 2019 from 10:00 – 13:00

or

Overgaauw Wine Estate, Stellenbosch

Friday, 11th October 2019 from 16:00 – 18:00

Overheard on the radio this morning that entries has been extended till midnight on Thursday. I assume you will then be allowed to collect on Saturday morning?

Thanks! :-) I'm all about the single track...

Can't find anything about entering on the day, but worth giving them a call. Might also be able to register at the Number Collection points;

Organiser: Smith Tabata Buchanan Boyes (STBB)
Contact number: 021 406 9100
Email address: mtb@stbb.co.za

STBB, 8th Floor

Tuesday, 8th October 2019 from 10:00 – 18:00
or
STBB, 1st Floor Titanium House
Wednesday, 9th October 2019 from 10:00 – 18:00
or
Sportsman’s Warehouse, Durbanville
Thursday, 10th October 2019 from 10:00 – 18:00
or
STBB, 2nd Floor Buchanan Chambers,
Friday, 11th October 2019 from 10:00 – 13:00
or
Overgaauw Wine Estate, Stellenbosch
Friday, 11th October 2019 from 16:00 – 18:00

Entered! Anyone familiar with the 60km.....all I see is climbs :-)

Please do not trust the long route map they have. It has been wrong since the very start and every year I supply them with the correct one only to be ignored. 

Here is the correct long route and profile for it.

post-38519-0-69747000-1570516755_thumb.gif