[Event] Hollard JUMA 2019

Kamo28

All you licensed riders, beware... And their attitude towards this is horrendous!

Not sure what your expectation is?

It is very clear what CSA/UCI stand is towards licensed riders partaking in non-licensed events. You even posted the link.

Do you want JUMA to be apologetic? They decided not to involve CSA (I can't blame them) and it is your choice to participate, with the risk of receiving a ban/fine, or not.

Move along, Juma owes nothing here.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My first time ... Some of those sections looked a bit above my skill level but hey lets go see!

Who else will be there?

Entered the 72. Hoping to have some legs left after the 12k run tomorrow.

Looking forward to seeing what this is about.

Not sure what your expectation is?

It is very clear what CSA/UCI stand is towards licensed riders partaking in non-licensed events. You even posted the link.

Do you want JUMA to be apologetic? They decided not to involve CSA (I can't blame them) and it is your choice to participate, with the risk of receiving a ban/fine, or not.

Move along, Juma owes nothing here.

It is not always clear if a race is sanctioned or not. Some sanctioned races never end up on the CSA website and races don't always state whether they are sanctioned (USN races etc). We entered because we expected that the JUMA would be sanctioned just like last year. I am still quite unexperienced with regards to the licensing etc so a lesson was learned to always check with the organisers first if it is not stated in their race details. JUMA did not state anything about CSA (just like many other races, even the sanctioned ones).

What I expected from them was to deal with this in a more professional manner. A friend and I entered and paid a few weeks ago. After realising that JUMA might not be sanctioned I asked them in an email (the online chats above was not me) if they were and if they could remove our results from the list after we raced. I got a short snotty answer without much help at all.

Edited by Foxy_Roxy

Sho. That was interesting. Not sorry I did it but don't see myself doing it again. Just a bit too much drain diving and porterage for my likes. But the ramps were great!

The fact that I slashed my rear tyre on some glass in the first long watercourse at about the 30km mark didn't help. Tube and DIY gaiter gave me another 14km. Second tube got me to within 2km of the finish line. So I ended up walking the last bit.

The best part? The other cyclists who were so incredibly friendly and helpful!

What a great event once again but...........

I noted at least 4 major features removed this year including the floating bridge.

That was very very disappointing convincing my 15 years old to ride 52 kms then no bridge.

Probably due to declining entries. 

Its a fine balance.... enter next year?

Very interesting ride for sure. The 700 meter tunnel was something to experience.

Any idea what happened to the gent who crashed in the "canals" near Grayston off-ramp? He looked pretty banged up

I enjoyed it. Well organised and nice area afterwards. I was also pretty disappointed to not do the floating bridge this year as I enjoyed that bit last year.

I will take  the children next year as I didn't realise there was a 10km option.  Truth if it wasn't for that I don't know if I would go just for myself again but the children will enjoy it.

Very interesting ride for sure. The 700 meter tunnel was something to experience.

Any idea what happened to the gent who crashed in the "canals" near Grayston off-ramp? He looked pretty banged up

Not sure. He was just coming around when I was there and the other riders were trying to get him to tell them his name, which I heard as "Justin Harris". I went on down to find a race official to ask them to get a medic. I don't know what happened after that.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi All

Do yourselves a favour, if you enetered JUMA this year, and Google your cell number and check the 2nd link that comes up. All our personal information has  been made available to the public. I have contacted Entryninja who have notified BAM Events. I have emailed and tried calling BAM events and have had no response. I called Afrihost who hosts the Wordpress website but they cant do anything. Anyone here have any info on what can be done on this  POPI violation ?

Edited by stevieg8

Hi All

Do yourselves a favour, if you enetered JUMA this year, and Google your cell number and check the 2nd link that comes up. All our personal information has  been made available to the public. I have contacted Entryninja who have notified BAM Events. I have emailed and tried calling BAM events and have had no response. I called Afrihost who hosts the Wordpress website but they cant do anything. Anyone here have any info on what can be done on this serious POPI violation ?

What info has been published ?

What info has been published ?

Name, Surname , ID Number , Cell Number , Email , Gender , Birth Date

Edited by stevieg8

Name, Surname , ID Number , Cell Number , Email , Gender , Birth Date

That's OK then. I've changed my gender since then

Hi All

Do yourselves a favour, if you enetered JUMA this year, and Google your cell number and check the 2nd link that comes up. All our personal information has been made available to the public. I have contacted Entryninja who have notified BAM Events. I have emailed and tried calling BAM events and have had no response. I called Afrihost who hosts the Wordpress website but they cant do anything. Anyone here have any info on what can be done on this POPI violation ?

I see what you mean. I Googled my cell number and a whole spreadsheet of everyone's information came up.