Freedom Challenge Commentary

tubed

Correct - that option is no longer available this year

makes sense, thanks Grant, looking forward to watching your dot from tomorrow - all the very best and enjoy it 

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

as requested by them

Its definitely gonna be in the shade of the main race, but surprised with RTR batching where Poser Oto are starting in the one but last batch while they both have a personal record of well under 3 days, something not many can say?

2019 dot watchers getting their first taste of wandering souls trying to get down to Masakala.

Nigel and Adi set off with intent from Allendale - tricky bit now in the dark - wandered around a bit there with Ingrid last year, every damn pine tree looks the same in the dark, every fire road "must be the one".....

Basel and McCleod seem to be doing well although they looked slightly off course when i checked just now. I know Nigel from this years race and next year two of our friends are teaming up as well. One day my wife and I may tackle this beast. 

Question: Is the route different every year or largely the same?

It stays the same.

Not for everybody...….most (even the very best) find ways to complicate it each year.

For that, those of us forced to follow behind computers are most grateful and well entertained.

He really does have an eye for composition - some stunning images.

On these forums we have tried with words to describe some of the experiences, but as they say 'a picture says a thousand words' and really the FC has lifted its game considerably this year as regards graphic content.

Basel and McCleod seem to be doing well although they looked slightly off course when i checked just now. I know Nigel from this years race and next year two of our friends are teaming up as well. One day my wife and I may tackle this beast. 

Question: Is the route different every year or largely the same?

There is a basic route that stays the same. Of course erosion, weather and building sometimes necessitate change. Riders are allowed some variations as well. The Vuvu deviation is apparently an easier route. I quite like the tiger line which few opt for.

The ind has just arrived in Somerset West.

Boy I hope those riders have their hats well tied on.

This weather is no joke!

The ind has just arrived in Somerset West.

Boy I hope those riders have their hats well tied on.

This weather is no joke!

I actually don't think this one will reach them, looks like decent weather for next 10 days at least

I wonder if Willem Kamstra lost his tracker? His buddies are well on their way, but his been stationary since 0530

Or the battery is dead.

Edited by M Hickley

I wonder if Willem Kamstra lost his tracker? His buddies are well on their way, but his been stationary since 0530

Or the battery is dead.

tracker was off by accident