Freedom Challenge Commentary

tubed

and from LEFT to RIGHT

65106336_2515925868467791_50943368767356

Martin Dreyer, Graham Bird, Leon Erasmus, Alex Harris, Gavin Horton, Liehann Loots, Jacques Tattersall, Arno Crous, 

Fjord Jordaan missing

65198031_2515926031801108_41590727784079

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Martin got there at 12:10 in 2017. I don’t expect him to repeat that time this year. I’m expecting the front guys to make Allendale by 12:45-13:00.

on 2017 timing so far.. :-)

on 2017 timing so far.. :-)

Are there any other time history flashpoints for Marty?

Comparison of 2017 year to his current stint.....

He's gone guns blazing from the start! Superman!...... the next 10 days are going to be blockbuster material!  :clap:

Edited by TrailWarrior

Are there any other time history flashpoints for Marty?

Comparison of 2017 year to his current stint.....

He's gone guns blazing from the start! Superman!...... the next 10 days are going to be blockbuster material!  :clap:

n 2017 Martin Day 1
Allendale. 12h10/12h20
Centacow. 14h20/14h20
Ntsikeni. 18h45/19h00
GE. 22h40/01h10
Masakala. 5h55/6h20

We have 4 riders past Centacow already.

Martin Dreyer, Jacques Tattersall, Alex Harris and Graham Bird.

guess what they have in common. Well apart from a lot of blankets at home, they have all won the race!

behind we have 5 more riders charging into the missionary station. They will no doubt all move on to Ntsikeni tonight sometime.

Doing this double up on day 1 is pretty extreme.

about 200km and 6500m vert alt gain.

to get all 9 riders doing it shows the quality of the field here. Strap in, it's gonna be gud!

We have 4 riders past Centacow already.

Martin Dreyer, Jacques Tattersall, Alex Harris and Graham Bird.

guess what they have in common. Well apart from a lot of blankets at home, they have all won the race!

behind we have 5 more riders charging into the missionary station. They will no doubt all move on to Ntsikeni tonight sometime.

Doing this double up on day 1 is pretty extreme.

about 200km and 6500m vert alt gain.

to get all 9 riders doing it shows the quality of the field here. Strap in, it's gonna be gud!

Geez! I'm not going to get much work done! And there is surely going to be an overdose of popcorn!  :clap:

Seriously, this is a major reason I prefer to be flexible, last year I got to Elandsberg after everybody was well set for the night, there was some heavy breathing to put it mildly, a few hours later I was happy to find Newlands almost empty and a room to myself. Its the one thing I really struggle with, weird I know.

Totally get that one

I once klapped a huge tigerline attack to get To Malekholonyane to stop for the day at 1 pm. First in I claimed the double bed and private rooom for myself and left the crowd sleeping all together somewhere else

n 2017 Martin Day 1
Allendale. 12h10/12h20
Centacow. 14h20/14h20
Ntsikeni. 18h45/19h00
GE. 22h40/01h10
Masakala. 5h55/6h20

Think he might go a bit more defensive this time as he payed for that under two days into Rhodes with a bit of hard struggle the days after.

Unless he wants to redo the Trigger Alex to chase to blow him to bits early again. But then this year there are a few Alex harris clones running spare around ;) 

Martin Dreyer arrived at Glen Edward at about 22:35. Planning on leaving at 01:30. JT and Graham Bird eta between 01:30 and 02:30.

great first post!

glen edwards = legends of the crazy race racers

Interesting move this afternoon from RG du Toit, left the group he has been riding with and pushed on past Rhodes to what looks like a stop at Chesneywold. Riding alone and at night, thankfully its all on roads, so no portages....yet.

Its bitterly cold there at the moment and there is no moonlight. So far his night navigation looks spot on.

From a strategy perspective I can't figure it, because he is unlikely to catch the group ahead tonight/ tomorrow and he appeared comfortable to Rhodes with the group who stopped there.

Freedom_Challenge any insight?

he caught up! all settled in at romansfontein!

Martin Dreyer arrived at Glen Edward at about 22:35. Planning on leaving at 01:30. JT and Graham Bird eta between 01:30 and 02:30.

Thanks, will you please let us know what time Arno and Alex arrived and left.