Best left field XC MTB

mr HED

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trek have made  new XC beast that is being ridden by the pros.  I dont think its for sale yet but it looks very cutting edhe judging from articles etc.  And No its not the Top Fuel, even though that has also been released and it looks amazing.  This XC bike is a new bike. Apparently sub 10kg

Trek have made new XC beast that is being ridden by the pros. I dont think its for sale yet but it looks very cutting edhe judging from articles etc. And No its not the Top Fuel, even though that has also been released and it looks amazing. This XC bike is a new bike. Apparently sub 10kg

Yep, there is a whole thread dedicated to it :)

The Blur would be the top dog if you have the budget for one .

With Cycle Lab being the retail agent you also wont see many on the trails either .

I'm doing my dream build later this year - have been buying parts monthly since October last year.  I now have or have paid for everything which is a good thing as business has been sh*t and I won't be able to afford a new bike 

fox 34SC

super light wheels built by Nick nextie rims with Aivee hubs and some fancy spokes (french so hope they work)

Trick stuff piccola brakes

XX1 groupset

schmolke bar and stem

and.....

will be on the New Pyga frame hopefully otherwise I will be re reading this thread for answers

I'm doing my dream build later this year - have been buying parts monthly since October last year.  I now have or have paid for everything which is a good thing as business has been sh*t and I won't be able to afford a new bike 

fox 34SC

super light wheels built by Nick nextie rims with Aivee hubs and some fancy spokes (french so hope they work)

Trick stuff piccola brakes

XX1 groupset

schmolke bar and stem

and.....

will be on the New Pyga frame hopefully otherwise I will be re reading this thread for answers

the new Pyga?

There something new on the way?

the new Pyga?

There something new on the way?

Yip, was shown some of the renders from someone inside PYGA, looks very interesting.

Yip, was shown some of the renders from someone inside PYGA, looks very interesting.

Yes the worst keep secret in the industry but I'm pretending I don't know about it even though I have ordered one and bought all the parts

• 2 weeks later...

Following on from my previous post, here's the finished build.

Specs:

Niner ROS frame

RS1 120mm fork

Tune King & Kong hubs

AM Classic 3834 rims

XX1 Eagle

Formula Cura brakes

RS Reverb Stealth dropper post

Niner RDO stem & bar 780mm

Maxxis Ardent Skinwalls (because I'm a slut)

Weight all in: 12,4kg

post-53895-0-33469400-1561031001_thumb.jpg

post-53895-0-70422900-1561031004_thumb.jpg

post-53895-0-64249600-1561031008_thumb.jpg

post-53895-0-27488500-1561031012_thumb.jpg

post-53895-0-95917300-1561031015_thumb.jpg

It's amazing how many people still think Santa Cruz is left field... Yeti seems (in my opinion) to be moving into the position Santa Cruz was in 5+ years ago as the up and coming left field option in SA so probably a good balance between relatively unusual and still decent local support. 

Archived