Garden Route Trail Park (GRTP) update?

Phil Williams

Lovely! Saw some sick looking trails on a IG post. Will look it up.

Pitty my bike was stolen last week so I wont see the trailpark this holiday.????

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

agreed. awesome place. Also while in the area (sort of) make an effort and go ride Witfontein forest.

Went to Witfontein in April, and its a blast! Lots of different trails to choose from and the DH Track was pretty sweet, just dont come up short on those two jumps just after crossing the road!

Also, pack your climbing legs or take a buddy with you that has a ebike and some rope  :ph34r:

Edited by Phil Williams

• 5 weeks later...

Took a left turn off the N2 in late December to visit the GRTP. What a lekker spot. They were working on 2 of the loops but it didn't stop me from having a blast. Rode the Crazy Creek and Forest Frenzy loops (total bout 24 km) twisty and tight through some magical forests. Special place to ride. Great job guys. Hope it stays open.

Took a left turn off the N2 in late December to visit the GRTP. What a lekker spot. They were working on 2 of the loops but it didn't stop me from having a blast. Rode the Crazy Creek and Forest Frenzy loops (total bout 24 km) twisty and tight through some magical forests. Special place to ride. Great job guys. Hope it stays open.

But did you do the "Loop of Doom" ? 

https://www.singletracks.com/mtb-videos/watch-13-fractures-the-loop-of-doom-lives-up-to-its-name/

I thought the "Loop of Doom" burnt to the ground.

Dunno, can't say. It probably did, but even so, I just so happened to ride there the day after the "incident" with Matt McDuff, and I swore that I would never be sooo stoopid (I was blissfully unaware that it was unsuccessfully attempted the previous day). I suppose you have to have a pair of steel ghoens to want to think of riding that thing.

Dunno, can't say. It probably did, but even so, I just so happened to ride there the day after the "incident" with Matt McDuff, and I swore that I would never be sooo stoopid (I was blissfully unaware that it was unsuccessfully attempted the previous day). I suppose you have to have a pair of steel ghoens to want to think of riding that thing.

I chuckled at the warning sign at the coffee shop, "You are not Greg Minnaar" etc etc

I don't think even the GOAT Mr GM would ride that thing.