Crashed

Swany05

i just checked now 

There is no street view of the new road. Happened on the R82 in walkerville 

Sorry to hear..... But I'm trying to work out how a bus stop is in the middle of the road? Street view?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My chiro is also a cyclist and his theory is that the high speed crashes are sometimes better. At low speed you go splat and all the impact force is absorbed by the body, at higher speeds you are like a stone skipping on the water, lots of roasties but the force is more horizontal like. Unless of course you hit something like a wall or pole or something like that.

I'd have to agree... Fractured my acetabulum last year at the end of a MTB ride on the way back to the car while messing around at very low speed = 3.5hr op, 2 plates and a few screws.

A bit of momentum in a fall that doesn't come to an abrupt halt could have less severe injuries.

I know busy recovering after a fall at SBR @66km/h

Was it that sharp right hand kink, almost 90deg, kinda midway round on a downhill? That thing terrifies me, as it usually has a sandy patch somewhere in it. It has claimed a few broken bones I gather, and a lot of skin from a close friend.

I've seen lots of people having very close shaves at SBR, especially on the first long downhill. Everyone thinks they're Sagan and overcook the first few corners.

You got off lightly OP. Still, good luck with recovery and enjoy the new frame!

Where in the world is walkerville.. Is that where all the zombies end up

South of JHB, you need a passport to get in and if you dont have a weapon we'll give you one. You'll probably be safest here if the zombie apocalypse happens :)  

You got off lightly OP. Still, good luck with recovery and enjoy the new frame!

Thanks mate, i need to figure out the best way to get back on a bike now. Unfortunately this bike was not specified as i wasnt riding it as often as my cotic. So now im on the hunt for a plug and play solution if you will 

South of JHB, you need a passport to get in and if you dont have a weapon we'll give you one. You'll probably be safest here if the zombie apocalypse happens :)  

I haven't been asked for my walkerville passport when arriving on the motorbike - street cred still an accepted currency there

Edited by Dirkitech

I have had two pedal strike crashes .With one i broke my handlebars and the second my collar bone .Another observation i have made while preparing for a major event is that your speed increases as you ride more and become fitter and stronger .More falls close to the event .So now i ride more hills to get the training intensity and ride calm on the flats 

I haven't been asked for my walkerville passport when arriving on the motorbike - street cred still an accepted currency there

They recognized post-30852-0-94748100-1357750984.jpgthe Scull on the bars and the dry blood on the tank .Nobody will notice this car in walkerville also

Edited by arendoog

They recognized post-30852-0-94748100-1357750984.jpgthe Scull on the bars and the dry blood on the tank .Nobody will notice this car in walkerville also

I am honestly thinking  that your reference here is totally innocent and  unintentional.

Is old Poena still active in those necks of the wood?

Erm, not quite.

https://www.iol.co.za/news/dad-walks-free-after-killing-pair-1948306

I used to be part of the Ford ST community back then, and Poena was pretty much universally hated. I’m not saying he deserved it, but not many were surprised.

I forgot about this. I just remembered Poena's attitude and antics in his ST. As said, he was not much loved in the car community in that area.

OK, sorry for derailing this thread. BACK TO THE TOPIC.