947 Cycle Challenge 2019

Neville Bailey

• Replies 927
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Just wanting to know if anyone knows what the process is for substitutions.I know there is a R200 cost involved. Seem to think it can only be done at race registration now as all other cut off dates have passed. Furthermore does one get seeded with substitition or is that a seprate matter / cost ?

Hi

Just wanting to know if anyone knows what the process is for substitutions.I know there is a R200 cost involved. Seem to think it can only be done at race registration now as all other cut off dates have passed. Furthermore does one get seeded with substitition or is that a seprate matter / cost ?

Yes can be done at race registration.

They will have a look to reseed but if earlier bunches are full they will slot in in later

Hi

As far as I understand, you pay R200 at registration for the substitution and you will get seeded according to your personal seeding, dependent on the group capacity. So best that you go on the Thu/Fri before all the early groups are filled up with reseeds....

Hi hubbers. If you have an entry for the full 94.7, is it possible to drop down and start with the guys (even if it’s at the back) for the 60km ride?

Hi hubbers. If you have an entry for the full 94.7, is it possible to drop down and start with the guys (even if it’s at the back) for the 60km ride?

The best is when collecting your number just change it to the shorter route. Did it once with the MTB route enterred for the 55 km and changed it to the 25km to ride with a friend.

As far as I understand, you pay R200 at registration for the substitution and you will get seeded according to your personal seeding, dependent on the group capacity. So best that you go on the Thu/Fri before all the early groups are filled up with reseeds....

Thanks ! what else is required to do the substitution just the details of the other rider or is a signed letter or something similar need from the origional entrant

Thanks ! what else is required to do the substitution just the details of the other rider or is a signed letter or something similar need from the origional entrant

There is a substitution form which you can get from the race office - they e-mailed it to me, you need the following details of the rider you buying from: 

Name, Surname, Race Number, ID number

I assume this is if it must be changed before number pick up.

Maybe mail them and ask: 947ridejoburg@947.co.za

Easiest is probably the process S&A pointed out, take your R200 with the above details of the old rider and go to number pickup at the dome and get the details changed.

Hi Guys,

Managed to get a 2:51 from DL at Tshwane on the weekend.

Starting in DL for 94.7 as well, is a sub 3 possible based on these numbers?

Hi Guys,

Your batch of D has you off to a good start. :thumbup:

Then, looking at the results of the guys that finished next to you at Tshwane on 2h51 it seems allot of them did 3h01 or 3h02 last year from group C, D etc. Keeping in mind it was blooming hot last year... So your seem to have the capacity.

So yes, you are in with a fairly good shot.

Try to stick with the bunch on the climbs and it could be a sub-3 for you. If the okes are going too hard for you at the start let them go, just make sure you stick with a bunch as you approach the M1, as that is where you need the group. And you need to save some matches for the climbs in Kyalami, so don't burn them early...

Hi Guys,

A few years back, I did 2:53 out of D, riding with my club mates, and we weren’t even with the first two groups. It was a ride together to get everyone a sub 3.

Given that it’s on the flipped route? Last year and the year before were identical Garmin ride times (down to the seconds), so yes... a sub 3 from D is definitely achievable, provided you stay close to the front of the group, and help pace too.

Hi Guys,

Did a 2h47 with my wife in D last year, we did a 2h33 from B at the Tshwane Classic last year. If you are fit enough to stay with the bunch the first halve of the route I would think a sub 3 is possible.

Hi Guys,

189 out or 557 from group D did a sub 3hr last year.  Just look it up on the racetec results http://results.racetec.co.za/results_by_event.aspx?RID=9840&EN=2018%20Telkom%20947%20Cycle%20Challenge%20%2895km%29&SG=D&page=2

So in a nutshell, if you stay with the front 3rd of the group you have a good chance at a sub 3

189 out or 557 from group D did a sub 3hr last year.  Just look it up on the racetec results http://results.racetec.co.za/results_by_event.aspx?RID=9840&EN=2018%20Telkom%20947%20Cycle%20Challenge%20%2895km%29&SG=D&page=2

So in a nutshell, if you stay with the front 3rd of the group you have a good chance at a sub 3

Or go on the attack and see if you can catch group C.   :thumbup:

Ok.....no....don't do that.......